I Intend to start a study about commercial profiles

• Hmm. Just to make sure my message wasn't unclear, but I was trying to say I think there is a problem somewhere in Eltzejupp's setup which offsets the comparison (by having the reference wrong) and makes the biggest difference there.

Indeed. I pointed that out earlier as well.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• My setup:

Kemper ( nearly new condition), no input sense, no distortion sence, output eq flat. No tricks.

Goes directly into Steinberg UR242 interface

2 rokit rp6 g3 monitors

8 diffrent guitars. Jems, gibson les pauls, stratocaster, musicman luke2, peavy van Halen Wolfgang

That’s all.

Same result when I go directly to the monitors without interface. No difference in the sound when doing that.

• ok JuLai and Musicmad, I see your point...

Nevertheless one firm point remains, and that is the incontrovertible fact that most of the times a profile doesn't sound as expected...and not by a small difference. Several times we are talking about huge difference.

Anyone can ascribe this to whatever he thinks it is the cause.

But at the end of the day we will get back to square one with a problem which, it is my opinion, the sellers should sort out with just some simple and feasible moves like the one I mentioned in one of my last post.

C'mon guys, let's face it: we are not talking about, here, about people who use their 50 bucks home stereo to be used with a member. The people claiming huge differences have pro equipment so that, apart minor differences, they should get it.

I think we should figure this thing out so that we can understand what's going on.

If you think you have some sort of answer, we will be glad to read that...no sarcasm here, but contribution requested. For instance...all the profiles you have bought have played exactly as advertised?

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Reading back your older comments I'd say this problem has nothing to do with kemper, but is somewhere in your playback->record->render toolchain/workflow that you comment shortly here:

No spdif in the ur242. But I think it's not a sdif thing. I didn't download the file from youtube. I used my inputs 3 and 4 to record directly from the vid into cubase when vid is playing. No download between that. When rordind like this way I hear exactly the same out of cube what I've heard before over my monitors and I wonder where the highst are in your recording of Rubens part.

• ok, Julai, what about this test I made: took a seller BE100 profile, did a recording with my daw (sonar8) through a FireWire audioboard. Sent the take to the seller which had to recognize the huge difference. The sound he was selling was not the one I recorded.
    So, no controversial playback things here.

And so, even if we have playback things going on, as you mentioned, we are back at the beginning with an unsolved issue. There must be a reason for this so that we can work it out

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• ok, Julai, what about this test I made: took a seller BE100 profile, did a recording with my daw (sonar8) through a FireWire audioboard. Sent the take to the seller which had to recognize the huge difference. The sound he was selling was not the one I recorded.

And so, even if we have playback things going on, as you mentioned, we are back at the beginning with an unsolved issue. There must be a reason for this so that we can work it out

michaelmellner, I am NOT trying to say there are no differences overall NOR that this research would not be needed. Quite the opposite actually and I think overall this is a good discussion and study to be made! :thumbup:

I am just commenting this one example that was put out here that there is something weird going on with it.

I haven't read the whole thread here, but just thinking that it is easier to comment and analyze the actual examples posted in this thread. Therefore I would encourage everyone making their own clips if possible to have everyone to hear the differences themselves.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I don't think it's exactly fair to say the sound I am selling is not the one recorded. It is my BE100 profiles Michael is talking about. He did send me some sound samples and we tried a few various discussion points as something seemed off....Quite frankly, almost all of my customers are pleased with the results they get with no tweaks whatsoever....

This is a unique situation for me....I am monitoring this thread but wanted to clear the air. Yes, I recognized the "huge difference" in sounds between the recording posted online and Michael's recording. There are many other variables to look at before the Kemper or profile.

The demo in question was recorded by a customer using computer monitors and a phone. No smoke and mirrors.

I want to help in this and make things as consistent as possible.

Could you link to the demo please? I'm sure Mattfig wouldn't mind sharing that specific profile so we can try (knowing him being very generous).

Edit: I actually own the v1 pack so for me a link to the demo would be interesting!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just to reiterate. No one is questioning your kemper recordings. It's your re-recording of Ruben that's off.

• As far as I know the EQ,gain,definition,etc are there so you can adjust to the type of guitar you're using? Who cares what a video has? Adjust the settings until it sounds good.

Post a DI and if it's a free profile, have a link to it. I'd love to reamp it and dial in a tone.

• Ok...I have to apologize with Matt (Mattfig). I have used the wrong words and really want to correct them.

I have written that "The sound he was selling was not the one I recorded".

Instead I wanted to say that I didn't achieve the same tone. Sorry again I did choose those words: it wasn't my intention to underestimate Matt's job which is fantastic and is really trying hard to get this thing fixed.

The profiles he sold me are genuine and for sure stunning.

As a matter of fact I've been Matt's client even with his first BE profiles.

hope this helps in my intention to correct the bad statement

Edited 2 times, last by michaelmellner ().

• Hi Frank, your LukeII sample compared to this original Ruben's one sounds like garbage :) why is that? :/

• Interesting debate !

First, you should check our Kemper's settings like pure cabinet... and adjust the gain to your tastes and your guitar's pickups.

I think some disappointement can come from "very well mixed an mastered" demos of some profiles, I heard that sometimes, even about quite expensive profiles packs.

There is no problem with that of course, because that's a good way to hear profiles in a mix situation, but you can be lost when you will test the profile alone at home, without the EQ, the reverbs and the great bass tone besides.

Personnally, I never add any EQ or reverb on demos to show the "raw" tone of the profiles because I think it's closer to what you really get at the end, even with 4 guitars and a bass. :evil:

• Hi Frank, your LukeII sample compared to this original Ruben's one sounds like garbage :) why is that? :/

That is my big question. I dont know. It's not onky the luke. Nearly all of the gainy profiles from this pack dudnt sound like the vid and I tried it with many guitars. But I am really happy to have many pacjs which sound like heaven, so I dont care any longer about that.

• What? Miced monitors?

You're kidding. Who will mic a monitor? His voice is recorded via a mic in the room but not the guitar sound.
    That would be unprofessional. Why do think of this? I think nobody will have the idea to something like that when he recorded something with the kpa.

Frank, I can hear guitar strings being strummed in Ruben's sample... listen to it...

• Frank, I can hear guitar strings being strummed in Ruben's sample... listen to it...

Yes, thats right I heard that. But finally it makes no diffrence. The core point is that cant reach that that sound. I wont buy a tele so i give up here and I go back to all the other excellent profiles I have in stock.