Hesitant to buy a remote ( I WAS... )

• To be perfectly honest with you guys, I read so much issues and trouble with the remote, on the Forum, that now I am a bit afraid to buy one...
    Do you think we hear only about the 5% having problems and 95% is working perfectly (or 1% vs 99%)
    Hope its not 50% - 50%...

Its enough stress to go on stage without having to pray that the remote works ...

Is there a B plan ? Is there a new update coming soon or whatever. I read that someone use a computer to control changing sound instead of remote.... Can i use MIDI instead to change sound????? If yes what is the device to buy to control with MIDI???

Thanks for your help

G Force

• Yes, you can use MIDI. The overwhelming majority of the Kemper MIDI spec is very well documented.

I would love to have a remote, just could not quite afford it when we got the Kemper. What I did do was get a Behringer FCB1010 and the Eureka chip.

It works surprisingly well. Performance rig changes, effects on / off, even the looper works with it. Also, built really well and sturdy.

Now naturally the little Behringer will not be quite as great as the real Kemper Remote is but if you want to just delay that purchasing decision (like we did), it would be a good solution.

Edit: Link to FCB with Eureka : https://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/pa

• Do you think we hear only about the 5% having problems and 95% is working perfectly (or 1% vs 99%)

This is almost always the case. I'd bet it is here as well.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I was going to buy a remote but when I got one it would not boot up. Since that time I have decided to stay with my Voodoo GC, especially since the release of the Line6 Stomp ( will use it with that too).

As with anything electronic, there can be some duds. Overall I thought the build quality seemed good on the Remote. So I don't think you should be worried about quality. Though I would purchase a second cable if it was me.

I still might get a Remote some time down the road, just for ease of integration with the Kemper.

• I used a FCB1010 with a Uno chip for a few years as I couldn't see a compelling reason to get a Kemper remote (was able to use its looper with a pedal I built for the purpose). But I ended up getting a Kemper remote as a gift, and after a few weeks of struggling with it, I got used to it and like it far better than the FCB. It's smaller and much more versatile, and the display is worth its weight in gold (you don't really need to see the Kemper in live performance as its display is mostly mirrored on the remote.

I've been using the remote with the supplied cable and two expression pedals for every practice and gig, several times a week, and have had not a single problem with it. It's rock solid IME.

The only things I'd change would be to add a few more assignable effect switches, and make it boot faster. Right now there is about a 15 or so second window between when the sound output is engaged and the expression pedals on the remote get control of the volume. If you use an expression pedal for post amp block volume, you can get a blast of noise before you can control it with the volume pedal.

• I was going to buy a remote but when I got one it would not boot up. Since that time I have decided to stay with my Voodoo GC, especially since the release of the Line6 Stomp ( will use it with that too).

As with anything electronic, there can be some duds. Overall I thought the build quality seemed good on the Remote. So I don't think you should be worried about quality. Though I would purchase a second cable if it was me.

I still might get a Remote some time down the road, just for ease of integration with the Kemper.

Pretty sure you can just swap in any CAT6 network cable if you somehow damage your KPA remote cable

• Same here, had the remote since it came out, I've played hundreds of gigs no issue.

I also had the FCB1010 and its good but the remote is way better ( less cables, no power cable needed, FCB1010 can get confused, smaller footprint etc.)

If my stuff was stolen, I would not hesitate to get a KPA with a remote. You can survive without one but personally its perfect!

If you are that worried get a cheap midi changer or momentary switch for changing rigs as backup...but as I said, no issues with mine.

• OK guys you convinced to get the remote
    almost...
    But I got a final question about it before i order...

Let's presume I play one rig on each song (not 4 rigs on each song ) so no performance just one sound by song. And its in order easy to browse manually on the Kemper .... Now imagine the remote break in the middle of the show , can I forget about it and browse directly and manually on the Kemper ??? just to finish the show and figure out what happened later ??? Or once its stuck with the remote it doesnt respond to manual ??? see what I mean?

Thanks

• OK then so as my set up is not complicated ... (ONE RIG ONE SONG not 10 sounds on each songs) So the order of the songs are simply
    1-2-3-4-5- so I'd prefer to control with my feet but if it fuck up then fine I can finish the show manually

It's better than be humiliated in front of the band and the audience as you reboot and look like a fool
    on your knee trying to fix the damn remote

you know the show must go on

• I was also on the verge of buying the remote but got a great deal on the Gordius Big Little Giant (LGx).

The Little Giant series boasts FULL bi-directional Kemper integration, a myriad of switches and the ability to define what every switch does. The Gordius can be programmed to do exactly what you want using conditional statements, firing up macro’s, PC, CC, Notes, SYSEX, triggering multiple MIDI commands on multiple channels, full control on led activity (blinking, brightness, dimmed states).... the list goes on.

There are ready made KPA setups so you can conrol the Kemper just like you would with the remote with tap tempo feedback, dynamic and automatic rig names, fx names retrieval from the Kemper, tuner integration, morph states.

All can be programmed on the unit by using the included Control Center for pc or mac makes programming the unit to suit your every wish a breeze.

And..... you never know..... when deciding to switch to a new magic box of tricks....you never know.... the Kemper Remote is kinda useless whereas the Gordius is best friends with all midi capable devices ?. Check it out: www. gordius.be.

Although I didn’t buy the unit new, the support is second to none! Thank you Xavier.

Full video coming up!

• Gforce guitar I would really check you need 1 rig per song. I use 1 rig to cover 90% of my rhythm needs, and manage in performance. You can easily switch effects in and out as stomps, plus morph etc.

My remote has NEVER gone down during a show so I would be overly concerned from that perspective.

You can get midi devices etc but unless you want the expandability of midi ( to control other things), I don't see the point.

If the remote is too much and you are just going up and down between rigs, then just get a momentary switch - I bought the kemper one for rehearsals to simply scroll up and down.

• If you are using the Kemper exclusively for your rig, the Remote is by far the best option. Haven't had a problem with it after using for years. Any run of the milll cat-6 cable can substitute. It's true that there are third party midi controllers that give you the ability to have a greater number of total switches that control options in the KPA. If four per rig is plenty enough for your needs (as it is for my needs) the Remote is the best option, since third party midi controllers will add a level of complexity that's not worth the trouble unless you have a need for the extra possibilities it gives you.

If you want, with the remote, you can globably assign the five bottom row switches (1-5) to activate the morphed state. So switch one, calls up the rig. Once in the rig, the same switch now toggles you back and forth between the morph and base state of the rig, with convenient LED's next to the switch that clearly show whether you are in the morph state or base state. Assigning the back row of four switches is super easy, just hold the button the on KPA and step on the switch.

• I use 1 rig to cover 90% of my rhythm needs

WHAT ???????????

I buy new rig sounds every week !!! since I got my Kemper

And then audition them all and find the best tones I can to fit the songs (1 rig on each song)

It must be a hell of a sound

Is it on RE ? LOL hahahahahahahaha ;)

• I bought the remote when I got my Kemper and have been extremely happy with it. The only issue I had was a bad connection on the remote cable. Got a replacement from Sweetwater and all is good. I think if you are going to switch rigs it's the only way to go for playing live shows. The tuner and looper are great.