Hesitant to buy a remote ( I WAS... )

• I bought the remote when I got my Kemper and have been extremely happy with it. The only issue I had was a bad connection on the remote cable. Got a replacement from Sweetwater and all is good. I think if you are going to switch rigs it's the only way to go for playing live shows. The tuner and looper are great.

I'M looking forward to buy it. But I got so much to buy... a cab... new pickups... an acoustic guitar... a semi acoustic guitar it never ends finally a remote.

• WHAT ???????????

I buy new rig sounds every week !!! since I got my Kemper

And then audition them all and find the best tones I can to fit the songs (1 rig on each song)

It must be a hell of a sound

Is it on RE ? LOL hahahahahahahaha ;)

Not really, I'm just not very fussy :)

Seriously I play in a Cult Tribute band. He has a failry consistant sound ( 2 sounds really, jangly indie, and straight rock) so yes no point for me having a new rig for each song :)

So in reality across 2 bands and 60 or so songs, I use about 7 rigs across 3 performances ( I have one perofrmance for my Gretsch), use morph on virtaly each slot and about 3 or 4 effects...thats it.

Also, couldn;t be bothered with the auditioning, set up and maintenence of more :)

• well yes maybe with time I will limit myself too to my favorite profiles , but I need a remote and expression pedals (I dont have that yet ) too much things to buy . Money comes out more than it comes in here... ;)

• I will also chime in for the FCB1010 and the Uno chip. Cost me about $100 total and it does everything the kemper remote will, sans the display. It's not a boutique unit by any stretch but it works flawlessly and the Uno4Kemper chip comes preprogrammed do work seamlessly with the KPA. I've personalized it with a couple of very basic setup changes.

I'm part of the "I don't use many rigs" club as well. Four. Yep, four. I'm extremely picky, not in the gear but the sound. I know exactly what I want to hear and once I've got it there's no need to keep digging. I paid a few bucks for a commercial rig pack and regretted it. The sounds were anemic and bland compared to the ones I had invested my time into dialing in myself. I was looking for magic in a bottle when I already had it, ya know? But I digress. That discussion gets its own thread.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• I paid a few bucks for a commercial rig pack and regretted it. The sounds were anemic and bland compared to the ones I had invested my time into dialing in myself. I was looking for magic in a bottle when I already had it, ya know? But I digress. That discussion gets its own thread.

Well sure you can buy a commercial rig pack and be disappointed, but the contrary is also true... This is why I keep on buying one pack every week, I like the idea that I find gold here and there for a modest price. And I like to encourage those guys putting a lot of effort to get the best tone they can with the best amps in the world... Then I fine tune it . For me, to dig and experiment, is an essential part of creative music

• I will also chime in for the FCB1010 and the Uno chip. Cost me about $100 total and it does everything the kemper remote will, sans the display. It's not a boutique unit by any stretch but it works flawlessly and the Uno4Kemper chip comes preprogrammed do work seamlessly with the KPA. I've personalized it with a couple of very basic setup changes.

I used the FCB - it was a good cheaper alternative but the remote is better mainly becuase:

I found the FCB can get confused especially if you hit 2 buttons at once accidentally

The display is way better on the remote

Fewer ccables, including power

• I used the FCB - it was a good cheaper alternative but the remote is better mainly becuase:

I found the FCB can get confused especially if you hit 2 buttons at once accidentally

The display is way better on the remote

Fewer ccables, including power

I would really love it if the FCB didn't need the damn power cable. I absolutely second that observation.

I don't mind using two midi cables, I just run two different colors to keep track.

Haven't had it act up on me yet, but its day may come :D

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• Yeah I really liked the FCB but for me the remote is really good...very little I want to change. I like the idea that I can also choose how many expression pedals...

Talking about expression pedals... what is working best ? I tried to hook up a BOSS volume pedal on the back and its not even working

• As others have said. A volume pedal isn’t an expression pedal. It can be modded to work as one either internally or by using different cables. However, it is still not a good solution as volume pedals have a Logarithmic (audio) taper pot whereas Expression pedals have a Linear taper pot. It makes a world of difference to the sensitivity of the pedal.

• I would really love it if the FCB didn't need the damn power cable. I absolutely second that observation.

I don't mind using two midi cables, I just run two different colors to keep track.

Haven't had it act up on me yet, but its day may come :D

You don't need the power cable. I've modified the FCB1010 with a bridge rectifier so that it can be powered via AC or 12V DC supplied via a phantom power 7 way din cable (2 way MIDI). The mod required a new 7 pin socket adapter board for the FCB1010 which was about £30 I think and then I made a 2 x 5 pin + power adapter for the 7 pin din cable that I use. Not a difficult modification at all.