Backtrack for click and programchange?

• Hi,

What are people using since I cannot belive I´m the first one who want to do this!? I want to use my iphone or ipad to send a click to my drummer and change performance slots automaticly.

• Hi,

What are people using since I cannot belive I´m the first one who want to do this!? I want to use my iphone or ipad to send a click to my drummer and change performance slots automaticly.

@Burkhard posted in a recent thread that he uses a little Yamaha wireless midi adapter in the back of the kemper to receive changes from an iPad app. The Yamaha was less than £50 so as long as you have a suitable app on the iPad it should be achievable fairly simply.

• @Burkhard posted in a recent thread that he uses a little Yamaha wireless midi adapter in the back of the kemper to receive changes from an iPad app. The Yamaha was less than £50 so as long as you have a suitable app on the iPad it should be achievable fairly simply.

What luck, I'm looking for a wireless solution for my I-Pad 2 right now.
    Thanks for mentioning there helped in finding. :)

I have the whole setlist, lyrics and Mp3's for rehearsal (could also be backings) stored with the program "Songbook" on the I-Pad and was looking for a solution to send the progamm changes to the KPA.

• Hi,
    I bought the Yamaha wireless (40$ in Paris). I am looking for the same thing : Read a backing track and send a control CC to select a rig/performance in same time.
    I search a good App (free it's possible or almost) for iphone / iPad. ther'e many apps to send Midi CC with bluetooth but not with backing tracks, as a "library" app.

So I search solution too, in web/css/js, i found this http://osc.ammd.net/ for user Interface, and look it's possible to connect Midi Wireless in Browser or build web iOS app.
    Only Chrome and FireFox have a MIDI access on Mac or PC. I'm sure iOS close the MIDI Core Class from browser. there're Web mini Browser App ... with
    web MIDI API
    if anyone have solutions ?

Edited 3 times, last by Juluxx ().

• What program or app do you use in ipad?

I don´t, hence my question ;) , but I own an iPad2 that I would like to use.

I also own an Alesis i/o-dock with MIDI-out, so if the wireless thingy mentioned above doesn´t work 100% that´s also an option for me. :thumbup:

So, what app to use (with or without the Yamaha wirelss MIDI)?

• if anyone have solutions ?

I use Songbook https://itunes.apple.com/at/app/songbook/id447755419?mt=8
    You have to buy it - no license/time

You can assign each song an mp3 file (original for rehearsal or support), a PDF file for lyrics or notes, a midi file for playback or a midi command (PG change or NRPN). (send or open if choosen on the setlist)

For sending MIDI files and PG-changes I have to learn myself when I have the adapter with me.

Hopefully the adapter also works with the Kemper. (Powersupply via MIDI-Plug!)

https://itunes.apple.com/at/app/songbook/id447755419?mt=8

• Very great on iPad.

I will tested Web MIDI browser + interface html/css/js + wireless yamaha MD-BT01.

Yamaha MD-BT01 works on KPA. I sent a control change (active/desactive slot A) with iOS and macOs. it's perfect but there's latence obviously. I don't try to send a CC in "realtime", during a song...not yet ;)

I think a Bluetooth connection in concert or professionally is not good (disconnection, latence, interference…), a MIDI control with cable is more secure.

• it's perfect but there's latence obviously. I don't try to send a CC in "realtime", during a song...not ye

Thanks for info. I only need it for PG.change before the song start..

I hope it will be quick enough till I am ready with precount :)

• The Kemper is relatively slow in program change from Pro Tools that we use live compared to The Rocktron Prophesy I used before. It is not a problem and generally needs 3/16ths ahead of the beat depending on the tempo.

I did notice occasional inconsistency and a longer latency for a patch change. Nobody else has complained though, so maybe I need to look at my session in Pro Tools. I am using cc too, so it could be an overload of info?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Great stuff.
    I don't know of overload...
    In performance mode, maybe there must be 5 rigs mounted in memory of the KPA for a quick change in live.
    In browser mode, it's not important the latency of several millisecond, for me the KPA is so extraordinary.

• The Kemper is relatively slow in program change from Pro Tools that we use live compared to The Rocktron Prophesy I used before. It is not a problem and generally needs 3/16ths ahead of the beat depending on the tempo.

I did notice occasional inconsistency and a longer latency for a patch change. Nobody else has complained though, so maybe I need to look at my session in Pro Tools. I am using cc too, so it could be an overload of info?

Are you experiencing the slow program change in Browser mode or Performance mode? I believe Browser mode always has a delay but I thought Performance mode was supposed to be seamless whether from Remote or midi PC.

• I don´t, hence my question ;) , but I own an iPad2 that I would like to use.

Well I am not working here you know...

I use click track in studio only so I record it on one track

To use it live is out of the question. If a musicien is not tight enough we'll fire them . Period

• I am using the Bandhelper app for selecting performance/slot on the "event" song select (from Bandhelper).

Switching between slots of a performance I have no noticable delay (wired solution).

For jaming, at home or soundcheck (to hear FOH sound) I use the Bluetooth MD-BT01 adapter (thanks to Burkhard for the idea ) in addition with the BlueBoard. Also over bluetooth the slot change is done in less then a half second.

Setup is not so easy so I have done two vidoes - HTH:

Control Kemper Profiler wirelessly with BlueBoard and

VoiceLive 3 & Kemper Profiler & Ipad SetListMaker MidiBridge (SetListMaker and Bandelper is from the same programmer)

• Are you experiencing the slow program change in Browser mode or Performance mode? I believe Browser mode always has a delay but I thought Performance mode was supposed to be seamless whether from Remote or midi PC.

Using browser mode, as I have over 60 live rigs selected from a computer. You can program for the latency, but occasionally it might run slower in places.

To be fair it is probably where there are a few patch changes in succession. I have a silent rig and that comes up whenever I am not playing.

With performance mid arranged in banks it looks like something for people using pedal boards.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7