My personal observations after about two months of ownership

• I don't want this to be just another "hell yeah, the KPA is awesome! Blew my socks off!!" thread. I want to be a little bit specific if I may:

The amp sounds are f&^%ing stunning. I have it down to an ecstacy, two Legacy III profiles, and a triple rec. All of them sound EXACTLY like the tones I loved from those amps.

The delays and reverbs are also magnificent. It's hard not to just sit and tinker.

The harmonizer is so-so. Eventide takes an easy win here, but it's not "bad". It's just a little grainy for me.

The wah function. Holy jesus I may never plug my crybaby in again. I'm using the Bad Horsie settings and it's ridiculous awesome.

Direct recording sounds incredible, and with a decent PA and sound guy it sounds exactly the same direct to the PA live. (this was the #1 reason I got it)

Yes, there is a learning curve with it. Not so much learning HOW to do things, but rather WHAT it can do, then learning how. It's fairly intuitive when you know what it is you're trying to get it to do.

For me, in my own personal home studio, the SPDIF interface was not as pleasant as the analog output.

ToastME is like a third date experience. It lets you really sit down and get to know the KPA and not just twiddle knobs but you still have a lot of fun twiddling knobs.

It probably does a LOT more than I'm asking it to, but it's doing EXACTLY what I bought it to do.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• Great post. I've not used the wah yet (no floorboard or exp pedal), but if it's really that good, I'll sell my Morley. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I just received my KPA yesterday.

Right off the bat I must say that I found it very easy to navigate through the unit. I did the software update, uploaded the Producer Pack I've bought from a certain seller and started checking the thing out.

I bought my rack used and the previous user had a lot of free rigs in the system so I checked them out first.

I wasn't super excited to be honest. Of course, my headphones aren't the best (Audio Tecnhica M20x) and I have already ordered a pair of Beyer DT770 pro 80ohm but... then I started testing the commercial pack. And boy I was surprised.

Long story short I wanted to check all the rigs in the pack but after 4 hours of playing I was just in the 4th amp.

Super excited with my Kemper, I believe I made the best gear purchase in my guitar life.

When gear makes you want to play more and you can't let your guitar off your hands, then you know it's good gear.

Thank you Kemper.

P.S. I did not mention the seller's name as it's my first post and I don't know if that's OK or not. If anyone's interested and it's OK saying it here I'd be glad to do so because he does a hell of a job!

• When gear makes you want to play more and you can't let your guitar off your hands, then you know it's good gear.

Indeed!

I believe I made the best gear purchase in my guitar life.

Same here, no doubt about it.

I did not mention the seller's name as it's my first post and I don't know if that's OK or not. If anyone's interested and it's OK saying it here I'd be glad to do so because he does a hell of a job!

Well done, John; good decision. Sooo many peeps, even long-time members, seem to forget that mentioning specific commercial Profilers causes the thread to be moved to the 3rd-party discussion subforum in the commercial section. You've done the right thing by the OP and all of us, ensuring that the thread remains in its fit-for-purpose subforum.

Welcome to the forum, mate. Great that you're so pumped up about the KPA! 8o

• Must agree that of the many things really good about the Kemper, the wah is very tasty.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Post #1 is the parameter breakdown and historic record of the presets. You can programme them yourself from this list if you like.

Post #2 is where you download the pack pre-programmed and transfer it to your KPA via a USB stick. Full instructions included in the post and download.

Post #3 credits Don and the community and outlines conventions used in the list and preset naming.

Unless you've downloaded the pack the presets won't be on your machine, so the 10 presets you mentioned must be factory ones or sourced from elsewhere. The latter is unlikely; I'm not aware of any other sources for them and if I were I'd have included them in the pack.

• I didn't try the wa until I'd had my Kemper a year and a half. Found the post outlining how to turn a cry baby into an expression pedal and it works great! One of these days I predict I'll even get into morph! :)

• I didn't try the wa until I'd had my Kemper a year and a half. Found the post outlining how to turn a cry baby into an expression pedal and it works great! One of these days I predict I'll even get into morph! :)

i still find Morph screws with my head but I think that’s the result of growing up in the UK in 70’s when Take Hart was on TV.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Can't thank you enough, loaded everything up and fell in love with the first wah i tried, not enjoyed soloing as much with the kpa in ages, thanks again.