Kemperites' Views on the New Forum Format?

• Not sure, maybe it's the font that I don't like? The page just does not seem to pop, seems hard to read even though it's organized? Maybe it's all the white space? The page seems washed out.

They show a big red circled number to show new posts in a section but then when you go into that forum area it's harder to tell what is new. There is no longer a red designator and the difference between the bold font and regular is not that different ( at least on my iPad)

Edited 3 times, last by drog ().

• I access the forum through a smart phone and I find the layout better. When I click on a forum category I now get to see all the threads which is a welcome change. As for the colours I perferred the old colour scheme.

• "I cant see Sh#%T!! Ow wait thats the beer sorry.

Hey whats up with the user status under the avatar being "wcf.user.rank.userRank18"

notice that? One more "bug" to report the kemper amps link (on the menu left hand side)

Kemper amps /private forum etc...The kemper amps link is coming up as page not found.

also i can see Paul's post in latest posts and hot topics is that what you meant?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• It's neat but could be really be more compact, lots of thread entries are one or two lines therefore there is a lot of wasted space between entries. But a forum is more about its community than its format design so I hope it won't alienate the veterans.

• It is really hard on the eyes... the default font is extremely 'dainty' and hard to see and the favicon up in the browser select panel is practically invisible.

The background changes from white to green if I drag the screen over to the other monitor... both equally as illegible

As far as functionality I haven't noticed any difference yet...

The older I get, the better I was.

• I don't like it so far, but like so many things online social media has taught us ....we will surely complain when this format changes as well. It seems a little generic, but I suspect the more I poke around the more I will like it.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• I MUCH prefer the new look. Much cleaner.

That said, if you've changed the browser zoom, which is website specific, make sure you reset it (CMD+0 or CTRL+0) to make sure you're seeing what the designers intended.

• The response is a lot better when typing on iPhone. With the last version of the forum, it would sometimes lag when deleting or fixing typos. Much snappier now, which is a plus. I miss the Unread Posts link, but as a workaround I’ve just added that page to my reading list (I’m predominantly on mobile when viewing the forum). I’ll get used to the whiteness, I suppose, but I much preferred the darker theme.

• Ahhh I'm only now seeing it on a desktop. Looks quite nice and clean. The shortcuts at the top of the page are very nice. I prefer the 'mouse over' behaviour than on the previous 'click to see' version of the forum.

• hi guys,

we've updated our forum, the layout is just the updated version of what it used to be. the old one was stock, not our layout and the new one will be as well. the old layout and configuration wasn't compatible, otherwise we'd changed nothing in regards of how it looks. well, you'll have to get used to it ... ;)

the colors are the same as well, nothing really brighter, nothing really different. the whitespace is a bit different but again, you'll get used to it. in effect, the forum scales much better on smaller screens and on bigger ones, there is more space in between the elements.

time permitting, we'll look for a dark theme, that's always a good option.

cheers, gs

ps. and thanks for the reports in regards of the links etc. again, nothing we've changed ...

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I'm getting used to it already. :)

ps. and thanks for the reports in regards of the links etc. again, nothing we've changed ...

Could it be that a previous setting was undone by the update? It seems like having slashes in urls (the way it used to be) instead of question marks (the way it is now) is a special feature that needs to be enabled: https://www.woltlab.com/articl…ng-up-user-friendly-urls/. Google will adapt soon enough to the current format, but there are thousands of direct links to forum posts out there that are now broken, so it might be good to restore the slash link style if possible.

Speaking of links, the big "Profiler Forum" banner at the top leads to https://www.kemper-amps.com/wbb_suite_3/ instead of the forum's base url.