Kemperites' Views on the New Forum Format?

• The team has done much to accommodate our wishes, so thank you very much, K-Team! I've therefore removed my many redundant observations and provided a consolitaded request here in the OP, which I'll keep updated.

Note to all

If, like me, you issue "Likes" to all who post on your wall, check that they're still-there. All likes, both given and received, disappeared from my wall with the software upgrade and whilst I can't give them back to myself (obviously), I've re-liked every visitor's post.

Also check your Conversations area and be prepared to delete a bunch of old ones that you might previously have left. I went from a few pages (maybe 20% full) to 101% due to all the legacy PM's that reappeared. Nobody could PM me at that point, so have a look and remove whatever's redundant or necessary to free up room.

Lastly, make sure you haven't lost your notifications preferences. I've been wondering for some time why I haven't been notified about new followers and other things since the update (it's New Year's Day now!). Turns out 3 of my preferences were toggled the wrong way.

Consolidated requests:

Wall

Add ability to add attachments.

Add ability to use emojis in the same manner as the forum.

Restore the customisable-background feature.

Restore the ability to edit posts.

Restore the "Recent Visitors" display.

Conversations

Add ability to add attachments.

Restore the ability to edit posts.

Members link

Please bring it back.

Forum Panes

Restore the Recent Activity window. There's enough room below the "Latest Posts" pane to add it 5 times over; why not use the dead space?

Bottom-of-page forum stats

Who is the newest member?

How many members are there?

How many and who is logged in?

How many joined the forum in the last 24 hours?

It's the standard M.O. for forums to provide this sort of information.

• Let's face it, we'll live... and get used to it.

It's just nice to be able to bitch about it... I mean, let off a little steam due to the initial shock / disorientation.

Feels like a different forum altogether. ?(

Would like to find a dark theme.

I do like that when I quote you, it goes straight to the reply box now.

• Really? Awesome, Dave.

Here's one:

My rank (Beginner / Intermediate etc.) is... wait for it...

wcf.user.rank.userRank

Is it just me or is that how it's seen by others? Could it be that the software's confused by my personality? :S

EDIT:

Sorry Renaud; you were too-quick and I was replying to Dave.

I see your rank is not rendered properly either...

• Nope... it's not you. I see it too! I was wondering about that!:D

• I don't mind it, although I need to figure out how to fold the recent posts tab again to regain the horizontal space.

I hope it fixes the issue with the text entry box under IOS where it used to stop adding text after a certain point. I'll try that out later.

The new font is a little less legible for me and interestingly on one of my two monitors the background shows as pure white, on the other it's decidedly green.

• I liked the old one where you'd go in a watched thread and the page would redirect where you last left off (page and paragraph) The new one gets you back to page 1 and you have to find the last post you read manually. a step back from what we had before.

• Not really a fan of the new look and I was REALLY hoping that the forum was down because they were dropping the new reverbs.

In a post from yesterday I mentioned having a Ventris in my cart at Prymaxe and that a 20% off coupon may break my will power. They sent me a 20% off "We miss you" coupon about 2 hours ago.....CK and team it's not too late! You can still drop the new reverbs today and keep me from giving in to temptation;^)

• Yup, mine are starting to burn, momos...

The new font is a little less legible for me and interestingly on one of my two monitors the background shows as pure white, on the other it's decidedly green.

Pure white here too, Per.

I liked the old one where you'd go in a watched thread and the page would redirect where you last left off (page and paragraph) The new one gets you back to page 1 and you have to find the last post you read manually. a step back from what we had before.

You're kidding? Crumpets!

I've received a bunch of PM's that I should've seen over a year ago, which is kinda-strange, but hey, I'd rather get them a year late than never.

EDIT:

Anyone noticed the poll feature? 8o

EDIT 2:

Not really a fan of the new look and I was REALLY hoping that the forum was down because they were dropping the new reverbs.

Exactly what I was hoping, Meomy. Oh well. :pinch: