Kemperites' Views on the New Forum Format?

• Likes no longer appear in those handy-little green "squares" in thread-list views.

They're now just thin-font text and don't stand out the way they used to. Great pity IMHO 'cause one could at-a-glance determine the popularity of, say, a freebie post and "know" whether or not it was worth taking a look at. Gotta strain the ol' eyes for them now.

Speaking of eye strain, I'm done. The burning's too-much. Have fun guys, and I'll see y'all after resting my lids on my scratchy corneas for 8 hours or so. I'm betting it'll beat poking a toothpick into my pupils, which I had considered... :wacko:

• LINKS from GOOGLE DON'T WORK anymore, because:

Previous URL format https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/13481-When-the-output-level-of-the-mono-mix-problem/ - the one in Robrecht 's signature - NOT WORKING

Current URL format: https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?thread/13481-When-the-output-level-of-the-mono-mix-problem/ - WORKING

"I kemper the user":

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/QMbC8tD1/aaa.jpg]

INSERTING images from external hosting is not working correctly. It shows link, not embedded image as earlier.

• Horrible to be honest. I usually use an iPad and it’s just too large. A few bits of functionally appears to have been removed or at least is more difficult to find. I’m not too sure what they have tried to achieve.

They would have been better spending time on releasing the new reverbs, OD stomps or an editor?

:thumbdown:

• Horrible to be honest. I usually use an iPad and it’s just too large. A few bits of functionally appears to have been removed or at least is more difficult to find. I’m not too sure what they have tried to achieve.

They would have been better spending time on releasing the new reverbs, OD stomps or an editor?

:thumbdown:

I highly doubt the same resources and budget are used for the forum. This is a simple theme change they made.

• html links in sigatures lead to main forum page - I just wanted to visit Robrecht 's "I kemper the user"...

Heh, thanks for pointing that out. I think I've fixed it now.

You were right about the link discrepancy (like you said, "index.php?thread" versus "index.php/Thread"), making it default to the forum's home page.

Funnily, I could only correct it by using the actual Link button in the editor. If I fixed the url directly in Source view, the question mark always turned into a slash. But maybe I was doing something wrong.

Oh and I'm excited about the forum change, I'm always a sucker for something new. :) The forum works with Chrome's push notifications now, so you don't even have to be here to be notified of replies, yay. There's a few kinks to be ironed out I guess, but it'll be fine.

(About the contrast. On my desktop, I'm seeing a darker green top bar that helps balance out the lighter shades of green. But on my phone, the top bar (as well as Chrome's address bar and the Android system top bar, see screenshot) is a very light shade, so most of the time there's not really a strong color on the screen. Changing that top bar to the same darker green as on the desktop version would improve the overall impression of the mobile version, I think.)

• But, current situation with new URL format is wrong, Robrecht - all links from google contain "old" ndex.php/Thread format - I think, they need to fix it asap. Someone finds kemper related topic with google and the link leads to main forum page....

• But, current situation with new URL format is wrong, Robrecht - all links from google contain "old" ndex.php/Thread format - I think, they need to fix it asap. Someone finds kemper related topic with google and the link leads to main forum page....

Yeah, I know, that's quite unfortunate. Let's hope something can be done about it. Forum management is hard and dealing with the wims of the backend software always gets messy...

(If they manage to revert to the old link system, I'll change my signature back. :) )

• IMHO it wastes space around Avatars and borders. Compact is better.

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• as can be seen from the link at the bottom of every page, this new forum is powered by WoltLab's forum system. And WoltLab's own forum looks like this: https://community.woltlab.com/board/2655-woltlab-suite-3-1/

Pretty much just like the new kemper forum except different colours. So I think apart from possibly having colour/theme choices in future, we will have to learn to live with this new layout and functionality, so long as they remain using the WoltLab system.