(FIXED) Image embeds don't work for me

• In this case I don't think it's GDPR but rather some new legislations were the site owner are responsible for any copyright violations, even if it's just a forum member posting an image that he/she don't own the right to.

• In this case I don't think it's GDPR but rather some new legislations were the site owner are responsible for any copyright violations, even if it's just a forum member posting an image that he/she don't own the right to.

possibly, again, i'm no expert on this. I only know that there are strong concerns on our behalf.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• yeah... well this massively sucks.

I'm not a big user of social media etc, but spend a fair amount of time casually scrolling user forums on topics I'm interested in. Inline photos (that you dont have to click on to view in detail) are key to that experience. The very active Kemper forums included.

I understand that Kemper are just doing what is needed to protect them from liability, but wouldn't an updated "KPA Forum - User terms and agreement" cover it? I'm not a liability lawyer obviously but

I hope whatever the big boys (FB, Twitter, Snapchat, Ebay etc etc etc) do to protect themselves and their core business, filters down to all other community driven online information sites... even the humble audio gear forums.

• From what I can tell, it's not law yet. But it will be soon, and looks like an absolutely horrible law. I cannot see how attachments do anything to protect anyone, I guess they'll be gone as well until a filter is developed.

https://www.wired.com/story/eu…law-could-change-the-web/

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• The overall (legal) situation hasn't changed so much yet. You were not (and will not be) allowed to share (embed) content that infringes copyright.

Most people on the interwebz don't care about that because there have been only very few cases of lawyers going after them. Most of the time, lawyers tried to hold the owner of the platform accountable … and the owner of any given platform just had to immediately remove the content after they got notified.

The latter is about to change. Platform owners will be made responsible for the content shared (embedded) on their platform. You can imagine that e.g. Kemper is not willing to get sued and pay penalties for illegal activities their users do. If this happens, you can expect Kemper to try to get compensation from the offending user.

Solution:

Either continue posting (embedding) illegal content and this way make sure that Kemper (and other platforms) will completely stop allowing embeds and attachments.

Or just stick with the (already existing) laws and don't post content you don't own copyright for or that comes from potentially illegal sources.

Example:

If you post (embed) a concert video from the official Rockpalast Youtube channel, you can safely guess that they have the right to publish it. If they allow embedding the videos on 3rd party websites … you (and Kemper) should be perfectly fine. If you find the same concert video (or parts of it) on a Youtube channel by JoeDumbass123, you can be pretty sure that this is illegally published content and you should not embed this in other websites.

Regarding pictures … just post (upload) your own pictures that comply with (already existing) laws.

Bottomline:

The community of users needs to learn and understand that copyright exists and the behavior of the users directly influences what the platform owner continues to allow (or disallow).

• this entire website update was to ensure we could no longer post pictures.

I can guarantee that this is not true. It's easy to disable posting pictures (either embedded or attached) with any forum software, no matter how old or new.

I don't know the actual reason for updating but the most obvious reasons are: Support of the old software version (security updates) had expired, the old software version won't run on a current PHP/mySQL version, Kemper wanted to update to have the updated look (responsive design) for their forum, the forum software has advanced admin options to facilitate administrative or moderative tasks.

Most likely it was a mix of the above reasons.

• I can guarantee that this is not true. It's easy to disable posting pictures (either embedded or attached) with any forum software, no matter how old or new.

I don't know the actual reason for updating but the most obvious reasons are: Support of the old software version (security updates) had expired, the old software version won't run on a current PHP/mySQL version, Kemper wanted to update to have the updated look (responsive design) for their forum, the forum software has advanced admin options to facilitate administrative or moderative tasks.

Most likely it was a mix of the above reasons.

You must be right, though I was just speaking tongue in cheek!

• To add another small bit of info ...

While Rig-Talk is a european (french) website under european laws, TheGearPage is a US website under US laws. That's a big difference in general and even more in this particular case.

If you or others are unhappy with what's likely going to happen to the internet (at least in Europe), then do some research and join the protest against the planned EU law. Kemper or other small or medium sized businesses aren't responsible for what's to come. ;)