Mesa Mark V recommendations

• I need some Mesa Mark recommendations. I recently owned a V35 and a V25 before that.

They are among my favourite amps and I need some profiles that are good representation of the Mark V, especially the IIC+ & IV modes.

Kemper KPA / Mooer Baby Bomb / Marshall MX212AR

Edited once, last by calgaryben ().

• If its heavy your after specifically? (and paid profiles) let me just report my 2 cents , since having every profile under the sun [ in that department] i might be able to help. Bah ill include the mid to low gain ones also.

Mark V Packs

SinMix Mark V if you want a good mid to high gain with the rectifier cabs (brutal some of them)

Cili labs Mark 5:25 UP THERE WITH SINMIX

Amp Factory Mark V if you want low gain and non metal
    Chop tones Mark V if you want high gain to rock to cleans ..Huge range in Choptones Mark V
    Double impact productions Mark V if you want a variety of cabs with a heavy theme (lots of DI's)

Ignited note productions Mark V did a lot of variety of high, mid and low/no gain profiles of the Mesa/BoogieMK V combo

Petes profiles mark V did a lot of mid to high gain with the Marshall cabs

Reampzones Mark V has a good balance of high to mid/low gain

STL's Will Putney's packs has some different Mark V stuff, some of it out of the norm (fair warning)

ToneJunkie (believe it or not) did some heavy and a great variety of low to mid gain (that and chop tones are up there as the best non high gain)

TopJimi's Mark V did a lot of rock and great leads and did a few IIC+ modes

Some "okay" ones in the tonecrate release

But shit man,you cant go wrong with Choptones /Sin's or double impact if you want high gain mostly

Choptones packs can do a lot of in between.

That took me 30 mins in RM to fin d all that :P

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Thanks a lot for all of that! That’s some insane work mate!

The way I always looked at my old Mark V’s was very simple:

IIC+ Mode = Metallica - And Justice For All

IV Mode = Lamb Of God - New American Gospel

That’s what I want out of my profiles! Haha

While I have you, the other main tone that is a must to cure my ex-tube itch, is a good VHT/Fryette tone. Mainly Pittbull UL, as I find it has the most unique tone for 7 string.

Do you have any experience with those?

• Sinmix's VHT Pitbull is spot on for the heavy vibe and he did a good range in that pack with a lot of cabs, if its those type of sounds your after just mentioned with the Mark V, i know Sin and double impact wont let you down my friend/

Let us know how you go.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Sinmix's VHT Pitbull is spot on for the heavy vibe and he did a good range in that pack with a lot of cabs, if its those type of sounds your after just mentioned with the Mark V, i know Sin and double impact wont let you down my friend/

Let us know how you go.

Ash

SinMix V25 and Pittbull UL packs just bought! Cheers for the recommendations!

• Great man!!, For me his deliverance and the pitbul crushed my balls. I am using a Loomis 7 with Seymour butts black outs. Let me know how you go brother it should be the same fat tone as my 7 string. :).

Ash

• I forgot to mention that there is a FREE Mark V and VHT in Sins FREE pack

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

• What about Ivan, Ash?

Ever since I heard his JVM pack I've been sold on his ear and choice of mic's and preamps; they're the same I'd opt for.

I'm only guessing there, but based on the JVM pack, where he managed to nail it where so many others have failed IMHO, logic would dictate that he'd be able to capture the mojo of the Mark V. I mean, we talk about capturing the soul of amps with the Kemper, but IMHO Ivan manages to grab the mojo along with the soul.

YMMV etc.

• love Ivan my brother and he is the top 5 metal packs no BS. His Mark IV packs are used by me and are the top 5 no doubt.

ah shit i forgot he had a Mark V (5:25)

i just edited the post :)

Ash

• I forgot to mention that there is a FREE Mark V and VHT in Sins FREE pack

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ash

haha, yeah I have the Free pack. It’s so good that I’m pretty dumb for purchasing anything else!

• Hey, so the SinMix Mark V is crazy on the money for those tones I've been missing. I can't believe the actual V25 isn't in the room with me.

I do have one question though. So the profile pack came with 48 profiles, numbered 1-48. Aside from this, there's not other info on the profile name, like whether it's clean, crunch, what mode its' in etc.....

This is not just wit this profile pack, I've noticed it with basically all of them. Is there something I'm missing?

• Glad to hear that you got some tones that you like man, okay i just checked all my Sinmix folders looks like there is no PDF on how the amp was set, because Sin is very CAB orientated he usually puts his efforts into labeling the CABS (see this in the read me file)

But just look at the gain ratting in Rig manager thats how i navigate ;)

DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT IVANS (CILI LABS) MARK V.

absolute killer

Ash

• Coverage by Ash and others has been pretty thorough. Just thought I'd throw in a mention of Nick K's Mk IV pack. Covers some of the ground in the MkV - great tones.

Top Jimi and Dan from Reampzone also have MkV sets.

Mk Vs have a very good clean channel (Clean, Fat and Tweed modes) and some like Tone Junkie and Choptones (170 profiles in the studio set) got in there and got the good stuff. You really need to try the DIs or the studio profiles with cabs/drivers besides the usual V30s to get all the possibilities out of the MkV - open and closed cabs with EV12Ls, Alnico Gold/Cream etc, C90s - all work with the Mk series amps.

• My favorite is ReampZone's. It's the one with the 33 boost.

kemper rack with remote
    mackie thump12
    1998 gibson sg
    2010 gibson silverburst les paul studio
    2015 ibanez rgib6 iron label baritone

• So I played a SinMix Mark V profile today that reaffirmed why I bought the Kemper. It wasn't just like my old V35, it was my old V35!

I personally think the Mesa Mark tones are nearly impossible to replicate. The Salvation MarkUs modular preamp was close......

The Mercuriall Reaxis was very close for a VST plugin...... Well now I say "nearly impossible to replicate", because the SinMix Mark V is it!

There is a tone I had with my Schecter PT-7 and my old V35, it was just right. We all know when that tone is perfect and those tones just fly off the fret board. Well today that profile nailed it to the wall. If I closed my eyes, I could 100% imagine the amp was there with me.

• Which one was your favorite brother?

did you try Ivans?

Ash

• I can definitely recommend the Choptone packs they are quite good and better than others.

I got myself the Bogie MKV - Just Play these aren't meant for tweaking but like the name suggests they

are good for plug and play and pretty fun.

They indeed have MarkV, IIC+, JP2C and other packs so they are pretty complete in that regard.