Unfriendly answers

• Maybe a private message to GString would have been a better way to deal with this?

It wasn't about me, it was about public behaviour.

In principle I have said everything and I don't want to add anything to it anymore.

It's not a big affair and I wouldn't object to closing this thread.

• Sad to say but 'unfriendly answers' is what I've come to expect from staff after my last few encounters with them both here and through the customer support network... and hence they are relatively worthless to me... until they aren't, of course!!

As far as the comment about getting this forum updated rather then getting the update out I'm sure these are 2 quite different departments and so there is no great mystery there. Closing the thread did seem rather premature, but the direction it was heading most likely set off some alarms.

I love this forum, but the staff can be incredibly amazing helpful, or inexplicably rude and condescending. Sometimes both in the same post.
    I find this is common with such small projects like the KPA that are so personal, but purely from a PR standpoint, it pays to have some detachment between the mod's emotional investment in the product, and in their ability to moderate a discussion. Online flexing does not sell a product.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I love this forum, but the staff can be incredibly amazing helpful, or inexplicably rude and condescending. Sometimes both in the same post.

What do you expect - they’re German. Totally logical machines, blunt, without empathy to the point, no social skills and no sense of humour.

Sorry for the horrible racial stereotype. I am of course joking but there is a serious point lurking in my remark. I have German friends and know they have a sense of humour but it is very different from my British sense of humour. Some would say it is “unique” ;)

This is an amazing multi national, multi cultural forum. It always amazes me how many fabulous posts are written in English from people whose first language is something other than English. I am always humbled when I see how well others speak my language and how embarrassing my attempts at their language are. Language can be a massive barrier to communication even when apparently speaking the same language. There is an old saying that America and the UK are two countries divided by a common language.

It is difficult enough to portray the true meaning or emotion of a comment through speach but 1000 times more difficult online.

In addition to language differences the cultural norms of one country can seem strange or even downright rude to another. For example, when skiing in Germany or Austria there apears to be no concept of queing. Its every man for himself and unless you join in you will get trampled under foot. Whereas in the US and Canda the same “normal” behaviour is seen as extremely aggressive and rude. When my German friends go to the US they simply can’t understand why the locals think they are being rude as it’s just part of their culture. In fact in many cases they Are saddened to find out they have accidentally caused offence.

Every culture has it’s own idiosyncrasies that can seem strange or rude to others, we Brits are no different in that respect. When I see something on the forum that seems a bit off to me I generally try to look on the positive side and assume I am the one that is misinterpreting the meaning.

Sorry for preaching :saint:

Anyway, I love you all. Keep those helpful posts coming.

• You know, I almost brought that up. I didnt, because the very few German people I have met were the kindest, warmest, more considerate, most incredibly attractive, #1 stunna, best cooking and looking people I have ever met. Must be something in the Berlin water.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.