More input options

• I don't know if this suggestion is rendered impossible by technical limitations, but I wish for two additional input options:

1) the option to send the signal from the stereo return inputs through the entire rig, and to retain the stereo signal throughout as well

2) the option to use the S/PDIF input as a stereo "front" input similar to my first suggestion, and send it through the entire rig. in stereo preferably, but even if it were summed to mono before going into the stomps that would still be a good option.

I've already stumbled across a suggestion for an S/PDIF FX loop but I am not sure if this has been requested or even denied.

• The signal chain of the PROFILER is mono from the Input to and including the Stack Section. Effects and Output Section are stereo.

By definition the SPDIF IN is located at the Input - there is even no other choice than sending its signal through the entire Rig. You just need to choose it as your Input Source. This is the normal setup for reamping via digital sockets. Details are in the reamping chapter of the Main Manual.

• Do you mean the virtual signal chain, or the actual hardware signal chain inside the Kemper? If it's the latter, I understand. So the S/PDIF signal is summed to mono when run into the input?

I connected a Line 6 Helix to the Kemper with S/PDIF. I connected my guitar to Helix, sent the signal to the Kemper via S/PDIF, then back to the Helix again. I was monitoring through the Helix. I could only get sound in one channel, which implies that the S/PDIF is not summed to mono when it goes into the input. Which suggests the possibility of sending a stereo signal through the stack, although I could be mistaken. But that is the basis for my suggestion.

I could not get anything but a clean, unprocessed sound when I tried to use S/PDIF this way, and only in one ear. The output S/PDIF setting was set to "Stereo Master" and everything was set up as it should, so maybe what I actually need is to do some troubleshooting.

• I would really love a simpler version of this idea.

I play a PRS P22 with separate outs for the magnetic pickups and the piezo pickup. I would love to be able to send the mag pups to the main input and run them through the full chain but send the piezo to an alternative input and route it through the parallel path or have it com in at the FX loop return so that the Piezo could get reverb only.

I play a PRS P22 with separate outs for the magnetic pickups and the piezo pickup. I would love to be able to send the mag pups to the main input and run them through the full chain but send the piezo to an alternative input and route it through the parallel path or have it com in at the FX loop return so that the Piezo could get reverb only.

Have you tried putting an FX loop in the parallel path and connecting the piezo Output of the Guitar into the FX return?

What would be the reason for this? Is it so that you could use the two different pickup systems simultaneously?

• Horspip yes.

On the P22 and other Piezo guitars like the Musicman JP, Parker Fly, some Godin’s etc you can quickly flick between electric, acoustic or both in combination. When using just one or the other I flick a switch on the guitar and step on a rig button on the Remote to change between a guitar amp rig and an acoustic rig. However, if running both electric and acoustic signals together throught two separate outputs (or a stereo cable on some guitars) both currently need to go through either a guitar amp type rig OR and acoustic type rig which is a compromise at best.

It is possible to send just the electric signal to the KPA and the piezo straight to a PA using a DI box or and acoustic pre amp pedal but it would be much nicer to have everything controlled within the KPA. Say you are using a FRFR cab for onstage monitoring. With everything integrated via the KPA you would have a full self contained guitar set up. Without this you would need your own cab plus a monitor from the PA.

It would be even more amazing if the new reverbs/efects liberation were also to allow complete freedom between Guitar and Parallel path. At the moment parallel path can only have effects in Stomp A and B with everything else being used by the main Guitar signal. If paults idea of using the return from a loop in the parallel path works that would use one Stomp block for the input and leave just one block for an effect. As it will soon be possible to assign the reverb to any block it would be great to extend this freedom to allow any number of effects to the parallel path and allow compression, eq and reverb on the parallel path signal.

• paults did anyone every tell you are a total genius, sir! ^^

I haven't had a chance to really play about with it and find any limitations it might have (other than the FX block I mentioned earlier) but initial experience so far is that it works really well.

Thanks Paul.

ckemper  Burkhard I know that life at Kemper HQ must be pretty frantic at the moment with all the work on the new reverbs and FX liberation. If you haven't already included the ability to assign more the 2 stomps to the parallel path as part of this project could I PLEASE PLEASE ask that you do It would make me a very happy chap indeed :)

• I'm really sorry to have hijacked this thread Preacher but wholly schmolly. I've just assigned the Expression Pedal to morph the Parallel Path Mix from -5.0 (all acoustic) to +5.0 all electric an everywhere in between 8)

The ability to freely assign FX to either path and/or sum the two paths after the Stack section would just be awesome.

If the mods think it appropriate I would be happy to have my comments moved to a separate thread as I seem to have steered this one way off course. Sorry again.