random Input-Preset change - solved -

• I don't use Input-Presets any more. My CS and DS normally are set to "0".

Yesterday while I was playing my most used Performance, I noticed a different behavior of my guitar and recognized, that my Input preset has changed, (DS was changed) though - as said before- I didn't touch it at all.

How can this be ?

• Each Rig that you load - regardless of in Browser Mode or Performance Mode - includes all items from Input Section to Module REV. The following parameters are also stored with every Rig: Input Sens, Distortion Sens, Input Noise Gate. Consequently their levels could change, when you load another Rig.

If you want to avoid that, you can lock the Input Section like any other module or section. Be aware, that locks are independent between Browser Mode and Performance Mode: By default the Input Section is locked in Browser Mode. The idea is, that you are testing Rigs with different guitars. So, you set the appropriate Clean Sens for a specific guitar either manually or via input preset and want to keep that locked, while you check out various Rigs. In Performance Mode the Input Section is not locked by default. The idea is, each Performance is optimized and stored for use with one specific guitar anyhow and the appropriate Clean Sens (and Distortion Sens and Input Noise Gate) is therefor already stored in each Slot. A lock of the Input Section would hinder those different settings to take effect.

Be aware, that loading a preset as such doesn't make anything permanent. Look at it as just a more convenient way to enter repetitive settings manually. The moment you load a preset the settings could be changed again and the logical link to that preset is gone.

• You were able to lock the Output Section in earlier OS revisions, but it was meaningless. As I indicated above the Rig ends in Module REV. The Output Section is global by definition. Think of it as being constantly locked.