Fractal FX8 with Kemper?

• Hi everyone!

I had a Kemper a few months ago and loved the amp tones I could get from it. It had some great edge of breakup amps. Overall, some were really great. Others, eh not so much but I know that's part of life. The reason I sold it was because I found the effects to be lacking (I use lots of them including modulation, reverb, delay, some synth) and the interface to access and edit the effects to be cumbersome. Tweaking the amps was easy though.

I just bought an Axe-Fx III thinking it would solve all my problems but I am not impressed with the amp tones other than super high gain ones. It sucks hard at edge of breakup. I am yearning for a Kemper again. I love the effects in the III but definitely not the amps. I can't afford a Kemper, an Axe-Fx III, and a FC-12 Midi Controller right now so here's my potential solution: to pair an FX8 with the Kemper for the best quality effects and best quality amp modeling. Here are my questions:

Has anyone paired an FX8 with the Kemper with success?

Did it sound good?

Was it difficult?

Anyone know if the FX8 effects sound anywhere near the quality of the III?

Thank you! The guys over on the Fractal forum are telling me I'm crazy for thinking the III doesn't sound good and for returning it but I have a very sensitive ear that I trust.

Gibson: Historic Ebony R0 LP, Fig'd J-45 | ESP: Eclipses; Horizon III; M-II; M-II 7 NT

Diezel VH4; 412FV | Axe-Fx III | Quad Cortex | MMGT16 | BKP Riff Raffs

instagram.com/sendingskyward

• It’s impossible to get honest feedback in the fractal forum. It’s like a cult over there, and they will attack you like never seen anybody be attacked before, if you say anything negative whatsoever about any of their products. Even the owner will come in and be relentless in hid attack.

I have a Kemper, and I actually recently purchased the line 6 helix FX box, which has all of the effects of the helix, just none of the amp simulations. The fractal units, do high gain amp simulation really well. But clean to mid gain amps, they’re just not there. It got better with the third version of the unit, but it’s still far from being totally feeling like a real tube amp.

Fractal does FX incredibly well. And I have the same question as you, about is it worth it to spend almost double the money for their effects only unit, compared to line 6 new box.

With line 6 boxes, it’s easy to buy it and try it, if you don’t like it the process returning is very simple.

Although fractal does have a return policy, it’s not is effortless as buying from your typical online vendor. The effects are getting better with camper today than they were in the past, some of them are very good, others are still a lot of work that needs to be done.