Opinion - Same cab for live performance?

• Just wondered if folks tended to keep the same cab for live performances, no matter the amp block change/ clean or dirty, or whether you tended to switch around to different profiles with different cabs?

I see MBritt likes to keep the cabs similar between different amp profiles, just wondered how other folks ran?

• I also use whatever cab came with the profile but I have some cabs saved as presets that I really like that I'll use with different profiles.

I would also say that in this case, the cab is 50 percent of the sound. Because the eq in the amp block is a generic eq and not the profiled amps as for one. And for another, after you change a few cabs around and use a handful of the same ones, you start to get the picture of how much the character, high and low shift affect the sound in any profile with a changed cab.

• When I get a FRFR cab I'll use whatever cab comes with the rig, but I am going to set up one of my performances up with the 1960AV cab from Lars, and see how I like that. Still a ways off though.

For studio use I also don't switch cabs around, I leave the rig the same, but I'd like to try the same idea above in the studio and see how I like it. I have been pretty impressed with that cab, not sure exactly what it is. It is kind of loud, so I wonder how much of it is Fletcher-Munson . Sure sounds good though.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I tend to use the Cab with the profile else its just another set of variables.

Having said that I did change to use the 1960AV as well and quite liked it, so kept it with one of my rigs...

So yes but not much...

• Very interested in this. Id almost be willing to purchase a high end cab IR profile if it made everything pop more/sound better and keep just a few cabs and switch up amps.

If any has any recomendations id love to hear more.

• I used to use the cab that came with the profile, but too many sound guys said ,,my TONE was changing from patch to patch, not the vol,

just when he would get it sitting right in the mix, I change a patch and it was diff, tone wise( diff cab)so I found a cab I liked, and stuck with it, , Its been nothing but compliments on sound since,esp from sound guys,,, You have to find what works right,, for YOUR application,, The beauty of it is, there is no one way to do things,Just recently, I've found I have been using too much gain, even tho at studio / practice levels, it was great, when the vol went up on big outdoor stages, it was way to gainy,, ,,,I got back to the practice studio, I was thinking why is this so clean,, light bulb moment,,Practice / bedroom, studio gain settings,, are not live gain settings,,,,, now, I use a pedal, for gain,, in practice, leave the profiles alone,,

My 2-cents