Reamping with Kemper/Saffire Pro 40/Logic Pro X

• The basic rundown is this.

I did this a week ago and everything worked. I changed up my settings, moved some cables around for band practice. Now NOTHING will work.

I have DI tracks already recorded.

I'm trying to reamp them, obviously.

Kemper input selection is set to Return Reamp Input.

Kemper Main Out -> Interface input 1.

Interface output 3 -> Kemper Return Input.

Kemper main output selection is set to Git Studio.

DI track is set to output 3.

Armed track is set to input 1.

Confirmed input 1 is functional via hooking up my guitar directly to it.

Confirmed output 3 is functional and traveling through Kemper via plugging my headphones directly in to the Kemper Main Output.

I don't know what changed from last week to now. I've tried every possible combination of inputs, outputs, settings, volumes, literally everything. All possible routing combinations in Saffire Mix Control. I don't know what the **** is going on. I'm about to break this thing in half.

So, if anyone out there uses that combination of equipment, PLEASE help.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Still doesn't work, no matter what I have the output set to. I can verify that the signal is being sent TO the KPA and that the KPA is sending it OUT through the output, but I can't get the ******** thing to record. I've tried every routing possibility in Mix Control than I can think of, and every I/O assignment in Logic........ It worked last week. Literally last week.

• I offer no help, except that I have had the same issue (different interface/DAW). It worked, and then it didn't. Now it does. Maybe not next time...I'm sure it's my fault, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I am using Logic X and Saffire Pro 14 with Mix Control so it should be pretty much identical to your setup. I usually use SPDIF but have just reconfigured with your settings (I'm actually using in 3 and out 4 but same in principle). Everything works fine.

If you are getting signal into and out of KPA then it must be an issue in Logic or Mix Control

Could you post a screen shot of your Logic and Saffire Mix Control settings.

• When I swaped soundcard from Saffire to SPL Crimson I had to route in Cubase differently so it might be that you need to do that too with Logic. But the it should be something similar to the video I posted. Damn it took me probably an hour before I got it right to reamp. Just keep on trying till you get it right. I know it can be frustrating but you will solve it eventually.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Damn it took me probably an hour before I got it right to reamp. Just keep on trying till you get it right. I know it can be frustrating but you will solve it eventually.

Same with RME's TotalMix. It has so much functionality but that comes at a price.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I managed to get it working, but I'm still not sure how. I have SPDIF cables on the way. I feel like an idiot because I'm having a difficult time understanding it. I'm usually really good at this kinda thing.