Digitech GSP1101 appreciation thread!

• So... Until Kemper releases a more a more compact version (1U rack space version, please8) I'll buy two if it ever happens!) I'll continue using GSP1101 live.

Despite the age of these units, they sound REALLY good. Here's a live clip of my band, and the tones are all straight recorded GSP1101.

All patch changes are automated from a Cymatic Audio LP-16 via MIDI.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, I would rather use Kemper live, but I can't get around the size of the original version. 6U rack space for two guitarists is just too much for me personally.

Our entire liverig is cramped into a 10U rack box, and I still want to make it even smaller... MAybe possible if I skip a patch bay, and go for a splitter with outputs on the front instead of the back.

If so, I could get myself another wireless transmitter and let the bass player have his own mix, finally :saint:

Or I could have my own personal mix :love: (right now drummer has one mix, singer has one mix, and guitar/guitar/bass have a shared mix)

Oh this turned into a whole different thing than GSP1101.

Oh well.

Kemper is definitely my favorite unit to record with:

but GSP1101 wins for convinience and space efficiency in live use.

• I still have mine in a custom 1 space rack with little depth. The Kemper wipes it away for sure, but it is still a good preamp. A decent standby at least.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Thanks! Haha yeah I'm satisfied with the solo etc but I certainly miss a few notes, but since I dont play live so often, it's not so surprising.

I definitely play better now after a few gigs this year, than I did when I only played live ONCE a year. That was quite terrible.

If I ever get a tour booked for 2-3 weeks, I'm sure I will be on fire after a few days of routine ^^