ReAmp question

• I haven't reamped for a while and I've forgotten a couple of things.

I have my recorded track successfully going in to the KPA and the sound coming back out.

The recorded track is going out through a mono output on my Emu and returned back in through the SPDIF.
    Question is, I only want to hear the Reamped sound coming back from the KPA.
    How do I do this? If I turn the recorded track down in Cubase 9 the KPA volume also lessens.

Thanks

• Check the output source of the SPDIF OUTPUT. If you set that to Master Stereo the output will deliver a fully processed signal including all effects.

By the way our Main Manual does include a chapter dedicated to reamping and it includes each of the steps for analog as well as digital connections.

• I don't use Cubase, but you should be able to use a pre-fader aux send to route the DI signal to the appropriate output on your EMU.

This way, you can do whatever you like with the channel fader and it won't affect the volume sent to the KPA - that'll be determined by the send amount knob.

Alternatively just set the track's output to the EMU out (again, the appropriate one). You won't hear the track at all, but the channel fader will determine the level sent to the KPA.

• Is it possible that you send out the Di track via the same output, which you then listen to via headphones?

You'll need a certain number of inputs and outputs on your interface.

Output 1-2 Monitor for your speakers

Output 3 --> sends the signal from the DAW to the Profiler

Or do you additionally listen to the DI signal via the software of the interface? Some interfaces have their own mix desk integrated.

• Thanks Peter,

I've sorted it, it's a bit complicated on my system as I use my old soundcard Emu 0404 (for the KPA SPDIFs and monitoring system sound) and a Steinburg UR44 for the main Cubase work. It's a question of appending the quite complex EMU Patchmix software.

Cheers