Rig Change Digital Mixer

• Hi Everybody,

I have a question about a midi rigg change. I want to use my remote to change the rigg settings on our digital mixer.

If I use the midi out on the Kemper and connect it to our digital mixer, what do I have to do?

And is it possible? So if I hit the Rigg Up or Rig Down button, the digital mixer has to do the same!

Thankyou!

• I am not sure I understand. What does 'rig' mean for the mixer?

I have a digital mixer that the Kemper is hooked up to. I use a MIDI footboard to change from rig 1-5 in a performance on the Kemper. (Two MIDI cables both connected between the Kemper and the MIDI footboard.) Nothing on the mixer changes, same exact channels, same volume levels, etc.

Can you please explain more why you need to change anything in the mixer when the rig changes in the Kemper?

I guess you could connect the MIDI through from the Kemper to the mixer but how would the mixer understand the Kemper specific MIDI commands the Remote (or in my case the footboard) sends?

• We have in our digital mixer presets for the entire band (every song we play, a different preset). My question is if it’s possible if I change my preset (rig up/ rig down), the digital mixer also do this.

• I'm assuming the settings in your digital mixing desk are stored in presets and those can be loaded via MIDI program changes. The PROFILER can send MIDI program changes to one or two external devices whenever a Slot gets loaded in Performance Mode. It doesn't matter how the Slot gets loaded (manually on the front panel, via Remote, via MIDI received, or via analog switches with Rig Up/Down assigned). The load of the Slot itself triggers the transmission of the MIDI program change(s).

You need to globally configure the MIDI channel and select the MIDI port e. g. MIDI OUT to connect your mixing desk to on page Perform Mode: MIDI, which is available in System Settings, when you enter System Settings from Performance Mode. AND you need to select the MIDI program change(s) by Slot via Edit/Slot Settings/MIDI Settings.

Details in the Main Manual chapter "Transmitting MIDI Commands to two external devices in Performance Mode".