How to plug 3 guitars on a Kemper ?

• Help please, I'd like to connect 3 guitars to a kemper

Without losing any tones

I can use the alternate on the back for one guitar...ok fine

But how can I connect 2 other guitars on the front input ???

Without losing some signal power or quality

Is there a device on your arsenal that can make that split with ease and quality?

Thanks

8)8)8) G Force guitar

• Use an an ABC selector switch.

Thanks as long as this doesnt cost too much money (I need to buy a pedal expression , a remote control, a big sky, I got 500$ pickups that will arrive soon from post, I need a cab , I need solid case to transport the equipment, I need 3 solid guitar cases, I need... I need...

I need cash !!!

Conclusion When you're not like Steve Vai, able to buy anything anytime, you work hard for the money to get what you need !!!!

• Well paults,

I tried it but there is something that bothers me with this solution...

Even if the position tuner got no output check your input and you'll see the light flashing red when you unplugged which mean that even if you dont hear it you overload and damage the input...

So what i did to avoid that was to

1- press Input and 2-choose ''return input preamp'' then the input is not affected

But I dont mind if i have to pay for a solution. Thats all i do pay pay and pay since I decided to build a system that works fluently

So I will buy the ABC as you suggest

• The spike caused by unplugging and re-plugging-in guitars won't damage the KPA's input IMHO.

Not a chance, really.

Well I just say that to look at this input flashing red and overload between song is not my type of using equipment , I surely can afford an ABC switch ... So I thank paults for the advice the rest is really not an issue for me , I just wont do it .... not a chance

• Here is a money saving suggestion:

Instead of using an ABC switch, press the Tuner Mute button, and change guitars.

LOL! That is the cheapest solution no ???'s asked. Good call, Paul.

If memory serves correctly, your previous posts about cabs and saving money to get the best makes me think you want the best, (which is why I posted that link) but if you want cheap, there are many out there including Morley, second hand mixers, etc.. etc.. Remember, you get what you pay for, right!? ;)

• Morley makes an ABC switcher.

I often use 3 guitars (electric/acoustic/classical) on concerts and I still favor muting with my volume pedal and plugging/unplugging the other guitar. A tad bit slower and I sometimes have to drop out of the last song early if there is a quick segway into the next one. There were times I thought a switcher would be worth it but I like to travel light.

• Well I just say that to look at this input flashing red and overload between song is not my type of using equipment , I surely can afford an ABC switch ... So I thank paults for the advice the rest is really not an issue for me , I just wont do it .... not a chance

The input flashes red when playing guitar sometimes; it means nothing in this context 'cause there's plenty of headroom.

Think about it - you're not pumping a bunch of juice down the line when you plug in; you're merely establishing a connection. Most folks probably just turn the main output down so as not to send this spike to their speakers or irritate their ears, but the input "surge" is always physically-there in these situations.

Lastly, I've never heard of anyone having damaged his or her KPA this way.

• I am using a Line 6 Relay G10. You can un-/plug the connector without muting.

Had many gigs without any problem ( Line 6 says its not for live usage).

Sorry no cheap solution but I had the same problems switching guitars and dont like the cables on stage.

• Why do you think the amp will be damaged by that again?

I think it's fair to say that the reason folks worry about it is due to the nature of the horrible-sounding "spike" whilst also knowing that it's possible to damage monitors with this full-spectrum transient.

The thing they need to realise is that it's merely a low-level electrical "glitch" at the input/s of an amp or KPA, whereas when translated (amplified) to a speaker's driver, it's a demanding task, especially at high levels, for the cone to "instantly" reflect this spike; it's expected to move from point A to point B and then return to point A extraordinarily-quickly.

At a sufficient level it'll damage the cone as the magnetic coil moves too-quickly for the cone to keep up, what with its mass and air resistance to deal with whilst still maintaining its structural integrity. Result: Structural integrity must be sacrificed - whatever it takes to allow the coil to complete its journey forward and back again.