Cannot Update KPA

• This is the toaster with the power amp. I've read every forum post and the manual and youtube. I have tried the usb method first; it did not recognize the stick and never activated soft button 3. I formatted to Fat32 protocol on my PC. About the sixth time of inserting the usb into the KPA it formatted it and added the proper folders onto the usb but it did not activate soft button 3 which would have asked me if I wanted to format. I then put kaos.bin in the OS update folder for 5.6.2 beta. The KPA will not update, I've tried so many diffent switch and power combos to get it to work.

So I moved on to the rig manager most current version and setup the cloud sharing. Every time that I go to Help> Check for Software update it says everything is up to date.

I'm trying not to throw this thing through the wall right now bc it's expensive.

thanks for the help!!!

• Probably no one here can help you with that. Drop a mail to support and they will help you

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Have you tried putting the kaos.bin in the root directory?

"Expand the downloaded .zip archive and search for the update file called “kaos.bin” inside. Copy the file into the root directory on the pre-formatted USB stick using your Mac or PC. The root directory is the first, or top-most, directory in the hierarchy."

• I would try another USB memory stick first.

Make sure, there is just the unzipped kaos.bin on that stick either in the folder OS Update or in the root directory. Both methods work, BUT there must only be one kaos.bin file on that stick.

As paults is highlighting, in order to install a public beta via Rig Manager you must tick the box "Include Beta test releases" in its Preferences.

• One other tip:

If you want to install Beta releases using Rig Manager, there is a setting in Rig Manager Preferences to enable it to check for Beta Releases.

I would try another USB memory stick first.

Make sure, there is just the unzipped kaos.bin on that stick either in the folder OS Update or in the root directory. Both methods work, BUT there must only be one kaos.bin file on that stick.

As paults is highlighting, in order to install a public beta via Rig Manager you must tick the box "Include Beta test releases" in its Preferences.

Thanks y'all! This seems to have done it!