Any one have the EP1-KP go stiff on them?

• Hi Guys , I have had 5 mission pedals plugged into the 2 kempers for a year, have not gigged or traveled, now sadly 3 of them are stiff at the front (nothing to do with the screw adjustment at the back for tension -EDIT see below or the inside adjust) now they make a clicking noise when you try and push down.

Here is a short vid to show

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf78…/mission%20pedal.MOV?dl=0

There is plenty of grease on the plastic which is visible also, no dust or hair in any of them

Just wondered has this happened to any one else?

I mailed Mission support also

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Thanks Brother, they have plenty of grease in them still and you can even see it in the front , i checked there is no dust or hair (or beer :)) I thought nothing of it when one went, but now all of them are going the same way, seems like there is plenty of grease ill try and spray some any way :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Mkay will give it a miss :), i never knew about the INSIDE adjustment, only the out side hex key one, looks like that may be the the solution ! :)

Ash

• Really strange, i tried and now its worse LOL check it out

adjustment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhh3…u0skm/Misson%202.MOV?dl=0

after adjustment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlm5…38in7/Misson%203.MOV?dl=0

Man i even take the lever off and the pot turns fine, once you put the lever back on, hard as a Fing Rock

I dont think these can be fixed, i am going the DVP3

F it man. Ill prob give these away to any one who pays for postage , leave it with me

Thanks for all the answers guys :)

Ash

Edited 3 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Thanks Brother, really strange as the lube is still on there and there is no hair or shit on it....its so stiff man (all 3 now)

I can feel the other 2 going the other way now too. Expensive mistake, no humid weather and they have not moved.

Tell me the DVP3 gets like this and i give up LOL. Thanks man ill give that one last shot.

Ash

• So if the little white plastic clip is positioned properly and tightened down and the gears have sufficient grease the only other thing I can see that might help inside, is adjusting that nut? Not sure if that'd help?

My only other thought is that the pins near the base of the pedal have ceased a bit from salty ocean air? Perhaps the lithium grease/spray might work on those pins? Have a look here: https://www.supercheapauto.com…CA010708#segment=1&page=1

Don't give up yet, Paul over at Mission is super cool so wait for an email to advise? When you have that much invested in those pedals I'd be knockin' on their door bro! ;)

• Thanks so Much Shawn i cant believe you went to all that trouble man, I certainly feel really lucky to be here in a community of such great people. For sure my friend will do, ill also let you know what James says encase it ever happens to you guys :)

Thanks Bro :)

Ash

• Update , i am starting to think its the BACK doing this!! As i removed the front arm from the pot and then tried to move it , the BACK side is whats making it stiff. I completely took the screw out of the back (that adjusts tension)

check the new vid

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uowz…cvvv/Mission%204.MOV?dl=0

So the back is seizing up not the front, guess what?

You cant open the back side of the pedal...

aye yie yie yie yie!!

Ash

• Gotta be the pins Brah, but there is no gap to put lube in them sadly, its enclosed, i can only see the place where you adjust the screw backside for the tension, but where do you get access to the pins. Have i said aye yie yie yet?

The DVP3 (am on ebay now) surly would not have this happen.

Ash

• There's a small gap between the housing of the pedal and the housing of the pin holder, would it be enough as to get in there I don't know. They probably require a special tool to remove/replace. Maybe they'll send you one free of charge ahaha!

My DVP's are great too, however, the design of the pins are verrryyy similar, just larger! They'd need a tool as well and the gap is even smaller lol. I went to buy a used DVP3 and passed on it because the pedal was so loose it kept falling forward on it's own, (wasn't pin related I don't think) so I bought brand new!

• Wow, that really sucks, Ash. Has Mission Control support got back to you yet?

I have a Dunlop DVP1XL. Thing is built like a tank. I don't think the DVP3 will have similar problems.

But first:

1) Get your exp pedals working, then

2) Sell them

After that, you can think about some other kind of expression pedal. Those Mission Engineering pedals are expensive as hell, can't believe you have 5. That's about $700 right there, geez.

• Don't forget who you're talking to, this is Mr. Stereo Dual KPA we are talking about here. :D

Those Mission Engineering pedals are expensive as hell, can't believe you have 5. That's about $700 right there, geez.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• LOL yep when it comes to tone I'd even prostitute myself to get it ^^...Yep heard back guys, it looks like the pins may be buggered so i may have to just throw them out, they were really nice at mission i have to say and sweetwater may have a solution, i would pay for repairs and postage but i think i am a bit spooked (do you blame me?) So I am gonna try the DVP3. :) AJ is a trusted source ;)

Now i just have to spend another 900 fr 5 more DVP3's (psst those 5 mission pedals cost me over 900AUD)

Thanks guys for all the posts, some how i always seem to feel better after you guys answer

Ash