Any one have the EP1-KP go stiff on them?

• LOL yep when it comes to tone I'd even prostitute myself to get it ^^...Yep heard back guys, it looks like the pins may be buggered so i may have to just throw them out, they were really nice at mission i have to say and sweetwater may have a solution, i would pay for repairs and postage but i think i am a bit spooked (do you blame me?) So I am gonna try the DVP3. :) AJ is a trusted source ;)

Now i just have to spend another 900 fr 5 more DVP3's (psst those 5 mission pedals cost me over 900AUD)

Thanks guys for all the posts, some how i always seem to feel better after you guys answer

Ash

Ugh! $900 down the drain?

Ash, I suggest you screw the expensive shipping to Mission or Sweetwater. Find a local guitar repair shop. They will have you up and running in no time, these pedals are not rocket ships.

PS: Don't give them all at once. Give one of them and see if he can fix the problem first.

• Had the opposite problem with the Mission, went loose and started falling forward, randomly activating the wha... that happened at the worst possible moment during a tv show rehearsal! I need the hex key to tighten it a bit. But I hear you Ash... quality but heavy and not the best control as a volume pedal.

• Am i allowed to say that when posting and hearing you guys answer really helps?

Well sorry man it DOES.

Thanks for reporting man :), Mission offered to fix it.

I think ill i will let them go and try the DVP3 instead, nothing against mission

they help, but i want to explore the DVP3 now any way

Please dont think that all mission pedals are bunk, its just bad luck for me and Jed :)

You guys are great

Thank you K

I feel better aaahh :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• LOL yep when it comes to tone I'd even prostitute myself to get it

Ash

Ash, if you weren't on the other side of the globe, we could probably work something out. :D

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I have the exact same problem with my Mission pedal. Completely stiff. Tried getting some WD40 in there and it goes somewhat smoother, but now it clicks every time I move it. It's in the back for sure.

What size hex key is needed? It seems European sizes (mm) are either too big or too small. What a pain.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have the exact same problem with my Mission pedal. Completely stiff. Tried getting some WD40 in there and it goes somewhat smoother, but now it clicks every time I move it. It's in the back for sure.

Oh man, sorry to hear this! I own the black model and all the ones Ash owns are green IIRC? Is yours green? I owned a green one but sold it, never had an issue though! Can't really see how that would make a difference but I wonder if the specs changed somewhere along the line? :/

What a drag, I now worry about mine? I wonder if there's any preventative maintenance that can be done, (other than not buying them lol). Maybe it's a design flaw? :|

• Just spoke to mission and sweetwater they are gonna replace, i got a tech explanation from mission ..ill pm it :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Oh man, sorry to hear this! I own the black model and all the ones Ash owns are green IIRC? Is yours green? I owned a green one but sold it, never had an issue though! Can't really see how that would make a difference but I wonder if the specs changed somewhere along the line? :/

What a drag, I now worry about mine? I wonder if there's any preventative maintenance that can be done, (other than not buying them lol). Maybe it's a design flaw? :|

It's a green one. It's got a little rubber loop in the back that you can adjust with a hex key.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just spoke to mission and sweetwater they are gonna replace, i got a tech explanation from mission ..ill pm it :)

Ash

Thanks man.

• Mind sending it over here too, please? :)

And here too ;)

• HI guys , sorry about that silly me i should of just posted, now this is the initial report i got back from mission, they may change it after repair i have to send the 5 pedals from Australia to Sweetwater (US) who are then sending them onto mission for repair.

here is what Mission said MAY be the prob, of cause ill update when i get the final word from them :)

To my ear, I sounds like the torsion blocks adjuster have been over tightened and the plastic parts snapped. They are made of metal and plastic and as you know, where metal fights plastic, then plastic rarely if ever wins. We have to make certain parts from plastic, because having metal rub on metal (in this mechanism) would definitely end in ceasing up.

Ash

• I want the Mission pedals, they look so good, and the sweep is great for a wah. Having to make do with my FC7 for now. It's not bad, and a great volume pedal, but it's got such a wide sweep.

Very interesting! Seems like a design flaw to me but what do I know, I'm not a mechanical engineer. Something stronger than plastic would be better suited, no doubt? Well, at least they're taking care of their customers... props to Mission, and thanks for letting us know!!! ;)

Yeah, this sounds silly. I don't have one to look at, but I have a hard time believing they couldn't do better with all metal parts (especially when they obviously commonly break) and some sort of low-friction poly bushing or something...

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• What size hex key are you using for the torsion block? Some inch derivative? None of mine fits.

• Have just sent the pedals back my friend, all as i got was an Allan key (nothing to adjust the block) the adjustable part of the pedal uses this key, they include a key for that , but my prob was it ceaseing up from the back, not sure what they use to adjust that :)

Ash

• Hm I must have misplaced the key then. Bugger.

• Well i can send you a key now as guess what man??

I Just got sent 6 NEW mission pedals!! :huh:8|..

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrlzrbhhbfp9eq9/mission.jpg?dl=1]

I thought they were going to repair them, they sent me NEW ONES.

ALL RESPECT to James/Mission and Sweetwater.

These guys have more than earned my respect and i wil continue to support them.

Thanks a lot, i never expected brand new pedals man.

Ash