Speaker cable and PowerHead

• Hi guys! I love my PowerHead and give a lot of concerts with it. I like to connect not only to the mixing console, but also to the guitar room, in order to feel the power of the sound! 8o I have my own speaker cable, but when there is no opportunity to pick up my cable, I have to use what is on the concert stage. I heard that if the speaker cable is unreliable (short-circuit or detach from the plug), then you can burn the tube amplifier. Did anyone have a similar experience? How does Kemper behave in this case?

• Thanks for you the response! I use an online translator, but if I understand you correctly, the open circuit and short circuit of the speaker cable will not harm the Kemper.

I did not quite understand the phrase: load speaker is not attached. What do you mean?

Edited 2 times, last by GarikX ().

• The Kemper Team wrote that their electrical engineer was on vacation now, but they assumed the following:

"I am not an electrical engineer but assume this eventually damage the internal power amp.

In the event of a short circuit, "zero ohm" would be applied to the amplifier output. If a cable connection breaks off or a cable burns through without creating a short circuit, there is an infinitely large resistance at the output of the amplifier."

• The electrical engineer went from vacation and the team Kemper sent me the answer:

"If the cables touch each other internally in the cable, the integrated amplifier should be protected against this and nothing should happen.

However, if you contact a grounding with the defective cable like the housing of the Profiler when the cable is connected into the speaker out of the Profiler, then the amplifier can be damaged."

Maybe it will be useful to someone else.

• I read that as....generally its not a problem but in some rare cases it could cause damage...so...

1) Not something to worry about for the rare cases you have a duff cable

2) Take your own cable anyway - I have mine permanently plugged into my Kemper and just pull the lead out straight into whatever cab is there. Job done.

3) Stop worrying about it.