Knobs, Linear behaviour option

• I find the knobs response in the kemper too temperamental, unpredictable with the speed sensitive behaviour. Sometimes with a live adjustment you never know how much it will change the parameter with a certain degrees rotation. Sometimes too much, sometimes less than expected. Even if you try carefully fine tuning a parameter you must try it for too long.

The infinite rotation knobs are some kind of wasted if you get the maximum value only because you rotated it too fast. It slows me down. This unceirtanty makes you to watch the screen always, corrections are unpredictable.

It would be easy to add an option i think. Easier than the default behaviour.

It would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much.

• A more gradual taper would be fantastic. Without it, it really does undercut a huge advantage of infinite rotation.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• As I said Here,

+1 for an option in Sys Prefs to choose between "Linear" and "Speed-sensitive" knob behaviour.

IMHO, there’s no need to create a further option of integer (non-decimal-point) operation, as was suggested in that thread, because, as I said there, for the sake of keeping things simple and also because the knobs can be spun 360º, I figure this’ll work.

This way we'd have both fine and coarse control, just without acceleration sensitivity.

A huge plus for me would be that I could make adjustments without having to lean over and squint my eyes (rack unit), going only by feel and sound-quality feedback. The current behaviour doesn't facilitate this 'cause one has to be incredibly-precise with one's muscle memory to achieve the desired result quickly.

• Another option would be to slow down the fastest speed and add a deceleration for fine tuning. The only time the current super fast speed is of any use is when scrolling through the effects presets and rigs if you have a lot loaded. If Kemper fix the effects presets organisation as I believe Burkhard said they are already working on, then even this becomes less of an issue. That would leave just rig selection. If the proposed slower speed is too slow for some then a context specific speed could be built in where fine tuning settings would be easier and more accurate but scrubbing through hundreds of rigs would still be fast enough hat the ret of the band don’t need to take lunch while you find something 8o

Or they could issue an editor and folk could whip out their phone to edit on screen ;)

• You nailed it perfectly, per usual.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.