an issue i have about powering up for the first time..

• in the manual it says
    "immediately after the startup screen you will be prompted to set the time and date and enter your name etc"

i didnt get any of that and theres already a date in there. I called thomann specifically to ask them not to send me a B-stock kemper. Twice.
    Maybe that's just me but i have the right to be stupid enough to pay a bit more to get the same product.

I dont see another explanation for that except they sent me one, and in another thread about problems registering someone mentionned thomann did the same thing to him.

I hope i am wrong but if that is the case i am pissed off. (i asked somebody to bring them to my country on the plane with them btw so i cant return it back in that case; i know its not a big deal and im being a kid - ill enjoy it for what it is regardless but i dont like being lied to when doing business.)

Very unethical and unprofessional.

I hope i am wrong, in which case i will gladly apologize. for now i will try to register it as soon as i have the time cause its a bit chaotic at the moment.

Cheers guys.

• I got my KPA from Thomann as well, also didn't have the option to set up the time and date. I don't think mine was a B-Stock.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Well in that case maybe the manual states something that has changed by now. Cool then. You know the unit looks very clean so even if it turns out to be a B-stock i am sure i will be very happy with it. The only issue i have is when a seller isnt honest with you. (had some bad experiences in the past..)

However everybody has good things to say about Thomann so im gonna assume that it was really a coincidence and a one time mistake when the other user here got sent a B-stock when he paid for a new one.

Thanks for taking the time to reply !!

• I had the same experience from Sweetwater :wacko: My unit already had some user cabs, and the owner name was already programmed as 'Me'. Should I contact them?

All modelers known to man 8o

• Well, its up to you Radley but since im not the only user whos kemper didnt start that way then i say its normal software keeps being changed so things dont always go according to the manual at a certain pt in time. I dono about the name but maybe since it defaults to "my kemper" then its normal

And to be perfectly honest with you i was pissed because of a song that didnt turn out the way i wanted haha :S and now that i fixed it and feel better im just excited to try my new kpa asap (maybe not b4 monday tho ;( ..) especially since its in good condition so nothing to complain about.

Ps: i just registered it as well without any problems so lets not waste time and start profiling! maybe the next saturday.
    Will definitely share if i get some usable profiles

• yes actually i have only heard good experiences with thomann so i apologize guys

Thanks for the reply!

I don't think it's a B stock. I've ordered a lot gear at Thomann and it's always in perfect condition. When it's B stock they will sell it with discount as B stock. See the special page on the website.

http://www.thomann.de/nl/kempe…ling_amplifier_bstock.htm

I think there were FW versions that didn't show the start up screen. I know it works different with different FW versions. Hope this will help.

• It was actually me who complained to have received a B- stock from Thomann, which they in fact erroneously did send to me.
    I wasn't able to register my unit, becauee the serial was already taken.
    This was when I knew. I complained at Thomann and received a discount afterwards, otherwise I would have sent the unit back and ordered another one.
    So: Register your KPA, and when you succeed all is well.

• Mine too didn't ask for a date and name input ... I ordered mine from sweetwater. I inquired about it through KPA support, they seem to have avoided (or maybe misinterpreted) the question and instead gave me instructions on how to re-initialize the global settings.

Unit works fine though except for these known bugs that are becoming more annoying lately. Also, it may just be me (my ears) or the other equipment connected to the KPA that sometimes (at least 2-3 nights) it sounds so digital (more like a pod or the first time I got my AFX), sounding thin and fizzy. My Eleven Rack doesn't sound as good but at least it's consistent. I'm tweaking a lot of settings and trying out different gear though so it's most likely not the KPA's fault. Oops, branching out of the topic already.

• Mine too didn't ask for a date and name input ... I ordered mine from sweetwater. I inquired about it through KPA support, they seem to have avoided (or maybe misinterpreted) the question and instead gave me instructions on how to re-initialize the global settings.

So how do you re-initialize the global settings? Is there any danger of losing anything important if I do?

All modelers known to man 8o

• i am pasting KPA support's reply, please refer to #3:

#1 we had some problems with status bars not appearing, these should be fixed with new firmware.
    #2 this is a known software bug, which we are still chasing, please stay tuned
    you can trigger the welcome procedure by initializing global settings
    (push and hold the SYSTEM button while you switch the Kemper on until a
    message appears 'Initializing ....'.

no danger of losing anything, presets, rigs, settings, cab, etc.