Static When Using High Gain

• Hello,

When there is nothing plugged into the input of the Kemper, the output light turns bright green and produces a tremendous amount of static when turning the gain knob up. Turn the knob down and the static reduces completely. I would think electromagnetic interference is the culprit, but once again nothing is plugged into the Kemper. A noise gate will reduce this noise, but has to be turned up too high. Any input would be appreciated.

• I think this is as expected as you basically built a radio that is tuned to some random frequency.

Gotcha. For some reason in my head I thought the Kemper would remain rather silent when turning the gain up without any input. Just today, I have been getting a lot of noise in the background of mid to high gain profiles. I can reproduce the sound on low gain profiles by turning the gain up. I have never experienced this before. This prompted me to try and unplug my guitar and mess around with it that way. It sounds a lot like the issue I was having with EM interference.

Literally this is the solution, just plug in a guitar :)

Haha having a guitar in the input definitely helps, but the noise is very similar plugged or unplugged.

• I have something similar - when I switch off my wireless ( guitar end) I get a really bad static noise..Not sure its its the wireless generating the signal or how the Kemper reacts to it, but it is related to volume.

...so I don't switch off my wireless :)