Hearing my computer loading thru my Kemper!

• I've been having some noise coming thru my kemper. anyone that can point me in any diction?

Sample of the noise.

• How are things hooked up?

I have heard noise like this before with my old Tascam DP01 when the USB was plugged into the computer. I had to keep the USB not connected for the recording and only connect it for file transfer.

If you have the comp plugged into the Kemper through Aux In and also USB, try disconnecting the USB just to test.

• Hi,

I was actually going to post a very similar thread, but haven't had the time yet.

I recently had an XPS15 here, which was an utter disappointment, and it did the same thing. It sounded like a chirping sound, which disappeared when I disconnected the power cable. Yours sounds more 50 Hz-ish, so I'd guess that your transformer output is not smooth enough. Does the behaviour change with different charge %?

All I can say about my experience with this issue is:

1) It is not a Kemper issue, as it doesn't happen with my current laptop (a measly clevo, that cost 1/3 the price of the XPS)

2) In my case it also depended on the profile I was running, with it being more present int High Gain profiles.

• How are things hooked up?

I have heard noise like this before with my old Tascam DP01 when the USB was plugged into the computer. I had to keep the USB not connected for the recording and only connect it for file transfer.

If you have the comp plugged into the Kemper through Aux In and also USB, try disconnecting the USB just to test.

I am using SPDIF and the USB to the Rig Manager. I tried everything, but without luck :( FAAACK it sucks major b'lls

• When i move like ... 50 CM back... it goes away... but then its hard to use the keyboard :@

• Oh...

OK, I retract everything I said and will deny I ever said it!

This is a problem I have on both laptops. For me it's not a problem, because I practice standing up most of the times and am far enough away from it and it doesn't register at all. Noise gate was my friend there (as far as I cared...). I get that it's an issue, when recording, though.

Question: If it's coupled through the pickups, is it there, when only the guitar is plugged in?

• When i move like ... 50 CM back... it goes away... but then its hard to use the keyboard :@

Tell me about it, the older I get the longer arms I need to be able to read a book. Now it's getting really inconvenient as I would have to become elongated man (or whatever he is called) to be able to read a book. ^^

So if I understand correctly, there is not even a computer -> Aux In connection, just the USB and the SPDIF?

The only time I saw this human-antenna-noise situation was when things were not properly grounded. (So in essence the "ground" is floating as opposed to being the same potential as Earth.)

The noise gate is a good idea, I would try it.