Joint Depression - Beyond All Black

• Hi all,

my band Joint Depression has just released our latest album Beyond All Black. All guitar and bass tracks were recorded using Kemper (including acoustic guitars). The album can be found on Spotify and on Youtube:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For some odd reason we ended up using mostly free profiles from miscellaneous profile packs, even though during the years I've purchased $$$ amount of commercial profiles for both guitar and bass... :D But of course there were some commercial gems that were invaluable and our go-to profiles during the recording process.

Please, take a listen and feel free to comment!

-Jari

• Thanks guys! Thus far I've heard nothing but positive feedback about the album, so I guess we did something right this time.

In fact, most of the profiles used for the album were done in studio environment by professional studio engineers, but I totally get your point, Mr. Monkey_Man. We chose some "amateurish" profiles especially for lead work because they just fitted into mix better than anything else and I guess the phase cancellation during cabinet micing is one of the reasons.

However, what I meant to say is that there are plenty of excellent profiles available also in free, if you have time and patience to browse through near-endless repertory of Rig Exchange and profession quality profile packs offered free by Kemper folks. I've went through this (still on-going) process for several years now and I'm more than happy with the results!

-Jari