Raising signal level question

• Hey all,

I made a profile of my rig, it came out pretty well but I am finding that I have to raise the rig volume all the way up to get it to compete with other profiles. Is there any way to crack open one of these files and change settings? Or are you left with the signal level it has? I'm thinking since it's all just a file with a bunch of different parameters that there must be some way to do that. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Sound like you had the return level set too low when you profiled. During the profiling process you have a Kemper amp and the amp you are profiling. If you toggle back and forth between them you can adjust the return level until theuy sound similarly loud before profiling.

For the profile you have already made, you would need to increase the volume in the Stack section of the Amp and/or increase the rig volume then resave the edited profile.

• Sound like you had the return level set too low when you profiled. During the profiling process you have a Kemper amp and the amp you are profiling. If you toggle back and forth between them you can adjust the return level until theuy sound similarly loud before profiling.

For the profile you have already made, you would need to increase the volume in the Stack section of the Amp and/or increase the rig volume then resave the edited profile.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if you crack open a profile and monkey around with the parameters. It works ok with the rig level cranked but doesn't leave room to play. I may re-profile the amp. :)

Not exactly true.

The residual profile level will be set automatically, so no exact manual volume matching is necessary.

Anyway, try to profile again!

• Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if you crack open a profile and monkey around with the parameters. It works ok with the rig level cranked but doesn't leave room to play. I may re-profile the amp. :)

You can also increase the volume in the stack section - press and hold the "amp" button, it should be in there (last page?)

• You can also increase the volume in the stack section - press and hold the "amp" button, it should be in there (last page?)

ahh, that's what the other guy was talking about. Makes sense. I'm still kinda learning my way around this thing. I am having a blast with it.

• Not exactly true.

The residual profile level will be set automatically, so no exact manual volume matching is necessary.

Anyway, try to profile again!

thanks!! I love this thing, I'm still learning my way around because every time I start playing I get distracted in the cool amp and spend hours playing through a bunch of amps I would never get to touch IRL. :)

• Raising the level in the Amp stack did the trick! I forgot about those controls. I'm gonna profile it again too to see if I can get a little better result. Thanks for the info everybody