Midi controller question

• I looking at the Sans Amp Midi Moose for use with the KPA in live work. I don't need to control volume of wah stuff, strictly profile changes. Any experience folks regarding this device? The Midi Moose doesn't send CC info, but I really don't think i Need it for straight profile switching...

• If you only need programm changes the midi moose is great. Build like a tank.

Thanks. Yeah, program changes only. From a brief read of the Kemper manuals the programming of midi address for the profiles is able to be done on the KPA end, so elaborate features program the controller end are not a consideration for me. Looks as though the Midi Moose is 5 bank at a time switchable... For live work that seems sufficient. Just wanted to know if the piece was good and I was missing something for my intended use. It also appears it's a decent match for the width of my Pedal Train. I have no need for any midi through control either and controllers with several rows od switches are not my cup of tea... ;)

• Hi,

have you bought the Midi Moose then ? I am also looking for a small and easy midi pedalboard to associate to KPA for live gig.
    Nevetheless, I am afraid not to have the possibility to activate/deactivate the stomps (like a phaser for solos, etc.).
    That is why I am still hesitating with a Rocktron board.

If you bought it, do you have any feedback about the usage ?

Cheers

• I do use a simple midi board (an old Roland) to select the rigs and 2x Boss FS-6 connected to the Kemper to switch on/off 4 different stomps/fx

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thanks for your reply. I guess you plug the FS-6 on the switch / pedal inputs of the Kemper.
    You do not use any expression pedal then (volume, wha or something to modulate gain, etc.) ?

• I have a volume pedal between the monitor out and the RCF to control stage volume. The rest I do it with the guitar volume.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• i'm using the MIDI moose as well. you just need to assign the patches you want to MIDI preset numbers under system settings on the kemper. then you can access them directly by selecting a preset number on the moose

• Hi all, and thanks for your nice feedback.
    I found today an used Boss FC50, I will start with it waiting for the KFC...seems to be a very good temporary solution linked to FS-6.

• Somewhere i read a post by CK telling that the Yamaha expression pedal has less "dead zones" than other products.
    I have used a Boss FV500L with good results (it can be used as expression pedal and as volume pedal too) and now i'm using a Mission Engineering EP1-L6 and it works pretty well, even if I haven't tried to connect it directly to the KPA.