Free Mesa Dual Rectifier / OD808 / V30 / SM57 / BAE1073 MP modern down-tuned metal high gain profile

• I dig it! Same riff, quad-tracked like you describe. I'd probably low-pass it for a mix, but it's solid, if a little harsh on the high end. I've also enjoyed playing your profile with the famous 1960AV cab from LARS, lots of fun, sounds great too, as so many know.

Great work Holger, again!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I dig it! Same riff, quad-tracked like you describe. I'd probably low-pass it for a mix, but it's solid, if a little harsh on the high end. I've also enjoyed playing your profile with the famous 1960AV cab from LARS, lots of fun, sounds great too, as so many know.

Great work Holger, again!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sick \m/! Those two profiles seem to work together nicely. The quad-tracking added quite some extra heft to the already b*-kicking riff. And good work, Locrian. I know how hard it can be (at least for me...) to get a tight quad-tracked riff down.

I have added a high-pass, 10K low-pass and a little dip @4K in the EQ on the FX section. This should make the profile more "mix ready". The highpass is at a pretty low frequency, because I am assuming down-tuned guitars that walk over any bass anyways ;-).

• Thanks! Quad-tracking is tough, I really have to have the riff down to muscle memory (almost there with this one, haha) for it to work out. And yeah, I think the 2 profiles do work and blend well.

And good call on that EQ tweak, I had forgot you added that. Very handy addition, and would probably help out with a mix.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I have replaced my DR profiles on Rig Exchange with a set of 9 new profiles from my "RiF-DR" profile pack, because I think that these sound way better and they serve as a demo for the pack.

Search Rig Exchange for "RiF- FREE" (there's a space between RiF- and FREE). And check the "RiF-DR" profiles.

The free profiles cover all modes (Clean, Raw, Vintage, Modern) and it shows how I am profiling a whole set with several drive pedals. The "RiF-DR Mod A3 * FREE" profiles cover the same amp setting with 5 different well-known drive pedals. Check out this blog post for a description of the pedals used.

*removed by mod*

Edited once, last by DonPetersen: no aggressive marketing in "Free rigs and profiles ().