Ampire Tones - Tone Match profiles!

• For fun I picked up a few of the Ampire Tones - Tone Match profiles. For those who don't know, these are single profiles or 2/3 profile packs that are based on a particular band / band's album. There's roughly $1.99/2.99 each, and they had some bands I'm a fan of, so why not?!

I picked up the Anthrax, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest profiles.

The Anthrax is based on the old skool 'Among The Living' and 'State Of Euphoria' albums. So this is basically a JCM 2203 sound. It's a lot of fun, and definitely has that early Thrash vibe to it, particularly how they sounded on actual recordings.

The Iron Maiden is based on the 'Somewhere In Time' and 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son' albums. It was profiled from a JMP-1, and it does a decent job. Its pretty fx heavy, but I get where it's coming from. I love Maiden (who doesn't?!), so I'm happy with it. Up the Irons!

The Judas Priest profile pack (3 profiles) is what initially hooked me. I'm a BIG fan of Painkiller, and that tone is included. It also has clean and distortion profiles from the Screaming For Vengeance album, which are also very cool. The clean is surprisingly impressive, it loves my coil split JB. The SFV tones are definitely fun old skool 800 tones that are worth including.

The Painkiller tone is like 99% there, it sounded so close playing the main riff that it brought such a smile to my face. There's something very artificial about the actual Painkiller tone that is always a pleaser. It's very over the top, and that's what I love about it. With a little tweaking on the profile, those harmonics were flying off the fret board!

When I was listening to the clips of these profiles prior to purchasing them, I did think, "well I can likely make these myself with what I already have". To a degree this is very true, but it also comes down to what you're looking for and just how much time you have on your hands. I think the price and fun value of these profiles are there, and there's even a few more that have my attention.

Kemper KPA / Mooer Baby Bomb / Marshall MX212AR