Victory Amps official profiles!

• Victory Amps have just released official Kemper profile packs!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just ordered the Kraken!

Kemper KPA / Mooer Baby Bomb / Marshall MX212AR

• I saw this earlier on today!

To the best of my knowledge the only other place to release Kemper profiles of the Kraken amp was ReampZone and he mentioned not being 100% happy with his profiles (I bought the pack and the direct/merged ones with my OwnHammer cabs are very nice IMO).

I wonder how his differ from ReAmp zone, especially since he's labeling this as his 1st attempt at a Kemper profile for commercial release.

• ...I wonder how his differ from ReAmp zone, especially since he's labeling this as his 1st attempt at a Kemper profile for commercial release.

Yeah, would be interesting to know if Rabea did anything special here.

In the comment section someone thinks that the profiles are not that good and Rabea is kind of "excusing": "Well, it was my first attempt. Plus they’re designed primarily to use with a cab". I have not tested them, so I can't say anything about the quality myself. Could be that they are great. But I wonder why an amp company does not give the job to someone with experience / a real expert?!

• Yeah, would be interesting to know if Rabea did anything special here.

In the comment section someone thinks that the profiles are not that good and Rabea is kind of "excusing": "Well, it was my first attempt. Plus they’re designed primarily to use with a cab". I have not tested them, so I can't say anything about the quality myself.

Yeah I saw that comment and Rabea's response to it was by far the worst thing I've seen come out of him, and I'm a huge fan of his tutorials, playing AND his ML3 Chapman guitar.

I'm guessing the only reason he got this shot was because he helped with the design of the Kraken in the first place, but still...you don't outright say "yeah this is my 1st time and it might not be great" when you're trying to get someone to buy your stuff lol.

I'm still debating on if I'll get this pack or not and compare it to Reamp Zone's profiles to get the final results on which I like more.

If I had a hunch I'd say based on Rabea's response and Reamp Zones description of the entire profiling process, the annoyances with it, and settling on a final product, I'd say Reamp Zone's profiles are better.

• Yeah I remember seeing that before I even purchased my Kemper and thought that was a huge bummer as I was a big fan of their profiles in the Kemper stock rigs pack. It's like they're trying to turn the Kraken into a boutique amp by not having a ton of people profile it haha. :D

• I saw this earlier on today!

To the best of my knowledge the only other place to release Kemper profiles of the Kraken amp was ReampZone and he mentioned not being 100% happy with his profiles (I bought the pack and the direct/merged ones with my OwnHammer cabs are very nice IMO).

I wonder how his differ from ReAmp zone, especially since he's labeling this as his 1st attempt at a Kemper profile for commercial release.

Lancaster Audio do the Kraken, it's pretty good too.

"It were in tune when I bought it."

• I picked up the Kraken and played through it today. I think it sounds great. There are 5 profiles for channel 1 and 5 for channel 2. It's pretty much exactly what the Kraken is; simple and to the point. Channel one is Marshall-sih and channel 2 is 5150-ish. There are 5 gain stage profiles for each channel.

It sounded pretty darn killer with both my 6 and 7 string guitars. No complaints here for the laughable 4.99 GBP I paid!

One thing I liked was that the profiles were all (besides the gain) set to noon, so you still get a good sweep of the EQ range. I know a fair few profiles also do this, but many has set EQ's in that specific profile. I'm not complaining, as on plenty I've played, it's dialed in great, so you can find that profile that really jumps out at you.

That said, with the EQ left at noon, I find that the sweep allows for more tweaking from the user. I'm sure some just aren't looking for this, but for me, it is nice to actually move the EQ knobs more that 0.5-1.0 parameter for a change.

Kemper KPA / Mooer Baby Bomb / Marshall MX212AR

Edited 4 times, last by calgaryben ().

• I just picked up this pack this morning and I agree with calgaryben 100%.

I previously bought the Reamp Zone Kraken Kemper pack previously and IMO the direct profiles with my own OwnHammer impulses worked best for me.

After loading up these official Victory profiles I was amazed right off the bat! I enjoy the added stomps (compressor and green scream) that are easily tweakable and how as the gain stages went up each cabs settings were tweaked by default to let you enjoy the extra fullness without top end harshness.

I don’t know if these profiles are merged or studio profiles but they accept other impulses extremely well. Definitely pick these up if you’re looking for a proper Victory Kraken profile! 8)

• I think it's very good when amp manufacturers make their own profiles.

They usually know best how their amp should sound.:)

But the question (here) is, how deep is the manufacturer really involved? Seems more like: We trust Rabea making good profiles (even if he didn't do commercial ones in the past). And if they are o.k. we sell it.

The whole profiling process shown in the video is kind of "amateurish" (compared to what is possibly). I am not saying, the profiles aren't good. But the approach is rather disappointing. I expected something different, superb and special from an official pack. Dr. Z amps did show, how you do it right (in my opinion).

As already mentioned - there are other "official" Victory rig packs already. That is weird too

• I do not know the situation of Viking.

Basically, I don't think it's a mistake for us if an amplifier manufacturer also is engaged with profiles.

The activity of Dr.Z is also positive for me.

• I've said this on TGP, and some of my arguments have turned up here as well, but here is my 2 cents:

I really don’t get what all the hype and fuzz about those 'new official Victory profiles' is all about.

Fact check: Rabea admits it’s his first ever attempt to do a pack. He also states he tweaked the profiles with guitar cabs and they might or might not translate well to studio monitors. This makes him, in my book, an inexperienced profiler, as good as a guitarist and sound connoisseur he might be.

Fair enough.

As was pointed out before by Ibot39 , official Victory profiles (approved and agreed as official release by Victory amps have been released before by and44 from theampfactory.com

He is a very skilled and experienced profiler and has a working background as engineer at Abbey Road Studios, among others.

Personally when buying profiles I'd trust an experienced engineer way more than a profiling beginner, but that’s just me.

This is not to belittle Rabea's efforts, and my post isn’t at all meant to talk down the quality of these profiles (which I haven’t tried yet), and the price of this bundle is very good and tempting of course, it’s just to give a little perspective.

• I'm sure that's not the case. Andy released his official Victory Bundle months before the Kraken was announced.

Yeah I figured that was the case by the time I tracked the timing of when that came out vs the Kraken amp. Also my comment was meant to be more of a joke :)

My point is everyone and their brother will typically have a 5150 or a Mesa Boogie Dual Rec profiled if they sell/give away profiles but so far only three places (Victory, Lancaster and Reamp Zone) offer profiles for the Kraken, even after its official release.

• This!

And for all: Don’t be dissapointed, some of the profiles sound very dark over studio monitors. S lot of tweaking is necessary. My solution to make them sound very good was, I replaced the cab to a 1960AV from deadlightstudios. Sun comes up.

• I got the sheriff-pack and I must say they sound exactly like in the video...yes a bit dark through studiomonitors..like it or not..but through my fr-monitor at LOUD volume they sound great. also the lo-shift in the cabsection is set to around -3 for most profiles...set it to 0 and it brightens up alot