Spillover for A, B, C, D, X, Mod

• I have an RJM Mastermind GT22 Midi Controller for Kemper. Delay/Verb spillover from the "Delay" and "Reverb" blocks are attainable upon selecting a new preset on Mastermind GT. When placing a Delay in any other slot, spillover trails are cut off. Attached is an image of correspondence from rjmmusic encouraging me to make a feature request here.

Thanks for your consideration,

DC

• Spillover is limited to modules DLY and REV. This has nothing to do with your foot controller nor MIDI by the way.

In the upcoming revision 6.0 module REV will be flexible to be used for any type of effect. So you could have two delays with spillover or two reverbs with spillover within one Rig. There will also be on type of reverb, which integrates reverb with echo within one effect module.

Can you give a practical example where a combination of more than two delay/reverb types are required simultaneously and all need to spillover?

• Burkhard and Monkey_Man, thank you for your responses. Much appreciated.

Can you give a practical example where a combination of more than two delay/reverb types are required simultaneously and all need to spillover?

That will be super handy, awesome! I will do my best to come up with a practical example that I regularly am faced with:

Currently, in my REV module, I have my base Hall Verb. For the type of music I play live, it's important to have another reverb available to stack onto the Hall Verb. Currently, the only way to do this, that I am aware of, and to have that cumulative reverb sound spillover is to place a dual or multi delay in the DEL module and adjust parameters to make it wash/smear to the point where it almost sounds like a reverb. Whatever you want to call it, it sounds really good the way it is. The problem is that I also like to use a 1/4, 1/8 or dot 8th delay as well, but I'm now limited to Stomps A to MOD, which as you say, do not spillover. I regularly employ 3-5 slots in any song, so when I do this, the trails of any delays I've programmed into A to MOD are cut off numerous times in the same song.

This leads me to make this feature request more concise: would it be possible for Kemper to make delay spillover available to Stomps A through MOD?

However, if I were to put myself in your shoes, the counter argument would be "In OS 6.0, the reverbs will be so good that you shouldn't need to use a delay in DEL to simulate an ambient verb." In which case, I look forward to this and salute all of your hard work.

• This is true, Alan, but Dallas isn't clear on whether or not spillover will be allowed on anything but slots 7 and 8.

Based on what Burkhard said, Dallas, it looks like whilst you'll be able to place them anywhere you like, the spillover functionality will be limited to said slots.

• I hear you Nicky. I have seen so many comments I can’t remember what has been said and what is just speculation. I have no need for the fancy new reverbs but even I am desperate for the next update just to see what all the fuss is about :) I reckon there will be a few surprises after all this time.

As for the spillover. I had it in my mind that the “liberation” of the reverb and effects was a complete overhaul of the effect architecture so spillover etc would be extended too. Maybe I misinterpreted that though.

Only way to find out is to get our hands on the new update ;)

• As for the spillover. I had it in my mind that the “liberation” of the reverb and effects was a complete overhaul of the effect architecture so spillover etc would be extended too. Maybe I misinterpreted that though.

I assumed the same thing all along, Alan, but then Burkhard said the following and now I'm not-so-sure. I've highlighted the relevant bits:

Spillover is limited to modules DLY and REV. This has nothing to do with your foot controller nor MIDI by the way.

In the upcoming revision 6.0 module REV will be flexible to be used for any type of effect. So you could have two delays with spillover or two reverbs with spillover within one Rig. There will also be on type of reverb, which integrates reverb with echo within one effect module.

It's clear from this that it's limited to slots 7 and 8, and that the team feels extending it would be overkill.

One would assume that if this were to change with the update, Burkhard would have said so.

Anyway, maybe Dallas will be able to take advantage of the combined 'verb / echo effect that's forthcoming and make some inroads that way.

• I also use different delays within a rig and I am very sad about that cold and hard turnoff when switching a delay off using an assigned footswitch.

Please make spillover possible for delays independant from their position in the signal chain.

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• I want to also chime in and say that having spillover from all effects slots available would be absolutely incredible! I often use up to 3 delays and 2 reverbs for some of the more intricate sounds that I use, and having all of them be able to spill over would allow me to really utilize the kemper effects more fully.