1987 Marshall Silver Jubillee

• I just uploaded to the exchange, my 1987 Marshall 2555 (100 watt) Silver Jubillee amp for everyone to check out. For the cab I used a Budda 2x12 open back cab with Celestion G12H30 speakers. I hope its something that everyone can use and enjoy. Its my first profiliong session and I'm learning. feedback is always welcome. :D

• I just uploaded to the exchange, my 1987 Marshall 2555 (100 watt) Silver Jubillee amp for everyone to check out. For the cab I used a Budda 2x12 open back cab with Celestion G12H30 speakers. I hope its something that everyone can use and enjoy. Its my first profiliong session and I'm learning. feedback is always welcome. :D

Man, thanks a lot for this! It is killer. Hands down my favorite Marshall profile yet. Great work. :thumbup:

• Thank you everyone. Coming from you Feck that means alot. I have really your contributions as well they all sound totally pro and killer.

Thanks man!

• At first I wasn't real impressed with this upload even though I am grateful for it, but then I changed the cab to tills marshall #6 and pumped the gain/treble/presence now i'm in heaven. It's a nice unique marshall sound!!! I'm not an amp expert, but sounds like it's in between a plexi and 800. Not so much a growl and not so vintage, but just right! Anyways, THANK YOU!!!!

• At first I wasn't real impressed with this upload even though I am grateful for it, but then I changed the cab to tills marshall #6

Actually, this Profile has a great sounding cabinet, besides the Tills cabinets this is one of the best.

Thanks, Staticjack, great Profile.

• hmm....I haven't tried the cab with another amp yet but to me it sounded kind of distant,almost phase-y. I too changed to Tills 6, and it sounded great...makes me wonder (again) if it's possible that something happens when importing profiles so that they don't sound the same for every user? would be interesting if a few users would post a short clip of the profile with the default settings. of course different guitars and mics will influence the sound but I think we would still be able to detect if there's a huge difference in sound between profiles from different users. unfortunately I can't record anything for now...anyone else up for it?

• Actually, this Profile has a great sounding cabinet, besides the Tills cabinets this is one of the best.

TIP:
    Save this Jubillee cabinet because it kicks ass.
    Once you've saved it use it with the Matchbox/Matchless Chieftan Profiles, sounds awesome.

Thanks, Staticjack, great Profile, great cab.

• hmm....I haven't tried the cab with another amp yet but to me it sounded kind of distant,almost phase-y. I too changed to Tills 6, and it sounded great...makes me wonder (again) if it's possible that something happens when importing profiles so that they don't sound the same for every user? would be interesting if a few users would post a short clip of the profile with the default settings. of course different guitars and mics will influence the sound but I think we would still be able to detect if there's a huge difference in sound between profiles from different users. unfortunately I can't record anything for now...anyone else up for it?

If each of us recorded a clip with the same Profile not one clip would sound the same, every clip would sound different.
    Different guitars, different pickups, different fingers.

• If each of us recorded a clip with the same Profile not one clip would sound the same, every clip would sound different.
    Different guitars, different pickups, different fingers.

yes it would, but I still think we could hear if there is something weird going on in some profiles. the thing is that sometimes alot of people are raving about a certain profile and when I try it, it sounds like crap :huh: and other times the same people rave about another profile and I agree with them. in other words, I seem to have the same taste as user x and user y when it comes to sound, but on certain profiles it seems like they are talking about a completely different profile than the one I'm hearing :S

• on certain profiles it seems like they are talking about a completely different profile than the one I'm hearing :S

Consider that most people (including me) do comment on the sound they've obtained after tweaking (sometime heavily) to their taste. I've encounter very less profiles that were good to go (for me) without adjustments

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• yes I understand that too. I have now tried this 2550 silvercab on most of my riggs and it sounds totally weird on everything..maybe someone could post a short clip of the silver 2550 profile with the default settings, if possible with a lespaul type guitar. just a few chords..

• Hi, I´m a new KPA user, how or where do I get the profile
    1987 Marshall Silver Jubillee?
    Thanx for your answer
    rolidoc

• I think pickups and our personal preferences play a factor as to which cabs/tweaks sound good. I think a lot has to do with the music we grew up on including sytle genre etc. This is why in my mind the kemper is awesome. You may like the open sound and I may like a tight sound!