1987 Marshall Silver Jubillee

• yepp, and also if everyone else get this sound when they play it in THEIR kemper...just wanna make sure it's not something that just happens to SOME users when dl and importing profiles.

• yepp, and also if everyone else get this sound when they play it in THEIR kemper...just wanna make sure it's not something that just happens to SOME users when dl and importing profiles.

If that is the case we are in trouble ..I hope not

• Yes there's a slight phasing issue with this particular cab, maybe that's why it sounds OK with a cleanish Profile.

Obviously the phasing is caused by the mike and way it was used during the making of the Profile.

• Hey guys thanks for the compliments and the great feedback. I strongly agree that there is a weird phase issue going on with the cab. :huh: I took Lunthos suggestion and tried some of Tills cabs ( which we all agree are excellent) and liked Tills 1960 06 and Tills 1960 015 ( a little bit darker and low end) and I was alot happier. When I profiled the amp I used a Budda 2x12 open back cab with Celestion G12h30 speakers. I used an E/V N/D308B Dynamic Cardiod mic. I closed miced the center of the speaker just off axis. I'm really surprised about the phasing as well. I use this mic live and don't have these issues. Any suggestions??? This was my first profile and I really appreciate all the support of this community and will be re-profiling it soon when I have a little more time. Maybe try some other mics (57, AKG 414 ??) I'm really diggin all the great amp profiles. Keep em coming. My wish list is a Zwreck amp. :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks everyone

• Very stupid suggestion but it doesn't hurt to check...you sure both speakers are in phase in the cab ? I have seen brand new cabs with wrong wiring in the past and when it is an open cab it's not as obvious as a closed one..I know this is unlikely the problem but as it is an open cab it will be easy to check out ;)

• Bruno has a very good plan. there. The world is littered with out of phase speakers. :)

Also, if you placed it in front of a very reflective surface, like a hard back wall with no damping, you could get comb filtering from the reflections bouncing back from the back wall.

• Bruno has a very good plan. there. The world is littered with out of phase speakers. :)

Also, if you placed it in front of a very reflective surface, like a hard back wall with no damping, you could get comb filtering from the reflections bouncing back from the back wall.

I checked out the cab and the wiring is correct. However you may be on to something and I did record the cab againist a hard back wall in a tight space that had no damping and may have caused the comb filtering that you have suggested. Thx. I didn't notice it at the time but after hours of rocking out, my ears probably were fried. :wacko: I will re-profile later this week to see if I have better results.

• I checked out the cab and the wiring is correct. However you may be on to something and I did record the cab againist a hard back wall in a tight space that had no damping and may have caused the comb filtering that you have suggested. Thx. I didn't notice it at the time but after hours of rocking out, my ears probably were fried. :wacko: I will re-profile later this week to see if I have better results.

With an open back what you have in front AND behind is important...avoid to put the cab close to a wall on both sides ;)

• Thank you for the feedback. I'm sure I can get a better sounding profile using all the cool tips. I also want to profile a couple other of my amps this next weekend. Matchless DC30 and a Clark Beaufort ( 5E3 Tweed amp). However, I want to make sure that I have the profiling optimized before I submit them to the exchange.

• I just uploaded to the exchange, my 1987 Marshall 2555 (100 watt) Silver Jubillee amp for everyone to check out. For the cab I used a Budda 2x12 open back cab with Celestion G12H30 speakers. I hope its something that everyone can use and enjoy. Its my first profiliong session and I'm learning. feedback is always welcome. :D

Hi Guys, where can I find the link for this??
    BR