Hey, I'm new here, my name is Marc Pattison

• I'm a guitarist, obviously...lol. Well I suppose I could be a bassist too. I've been playing guitar for 37 years. Some call me a shredder, although there are many, many shredders these days, so it's not that big a deal anymore if you learned how to play fast. So my roots are in rock, hard rock, blues, funk and heavy metal. I also produce all kinds of styles of music, like EDM, and usually inject some sort of guitar part in, since not many electronic producers do, but I don't piss all over the genre with excessive guitar...just put in a wee bit.

I recently got a kemper after 4 years of wanting one. I sold my line 6 Helix, and I'm also selling my Peavey XXX 2 now because after having profiled it, I don't need it anymore...lol. I've never in my life had so much joy with a preamp or effects unit. The delay and reverb effects now in the kemper are mind blowing. It seems that a lot of people mostly share amp profiles and hardly anyone programs the unit to do cool effects or they just aren't sharing that. So I've decided I'm going to. I've already come up with some patches that don't sound like anything I've heard anyone do before and I'll gladly share them with you and make a video of what they sound like, so you can decide if you want them. I'm not going to shamelessly promote my music right now, because I'm not here to just promote me, me, me....I'm lucky. I've gotten more positive feedback and compliments than anyone deserves(I'm an endorsee of products by several major companies) and I'm 50 now, so at this point in my life I'm more about sharing what I've learned and I pretty much give all my music away for free to anyone that asks, and not because it sucks. I have lots of placements in film and TV too...but I'm not important. Just someone who practiced a ton because I have a huge passion/obsession for music. So while I am confident about what I can and can't do on guitar, I'm not looking for admiration or accolades. I happen to believe humility is the most attractive feature a human can have and I've met all the people I had on the posters on my walls as a kid, and almost all of them are very down to earth, humble people and they are much more brilliant than I feel I am, so I try to follow their example. I'll post some presets and video in a few hours. Kemper effin' rocks so hard...I could write an essay on all my observations and I've only had it 5 days.:)

• Welcome to the forum!

I think many of the effects in the Kemper are amazing and they promise more good fx updates will come.

The delays were recently updated offering massive creative options and we are waiting for more new reverbs.

The spring reverb is already released and it's my favorite spring compared to all other fx spring reverbs.

When I saw the name Marc Pattison I immediately remembered a player with that name playing two very catchy guitarsongs I listened to many times over ten years ago. Great stuff! I just did a search and found them on youtube, here they are:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Welcome, Marc!

Do I detect a subtle Flex-Able influence there or am I imagining it?

lol, Steve Vai had more than a subtle influence on me, however, his influence is less apparent than Satch, Lynch, Malmsteen, Gibbons and VH. But when he was in Crossroads and came out with Yankee Rose, he was the second birth of Van Halen to me, the guitarist that brought about the most change in the way modern electric guitar is played after Hendrix. Vai and Malmsteen and Satriani all hit around the time I was 18 and it was almost enough to make me want to quit playing guitar. What was there left to say after them? Well it turns out a lot. For many years I was compared to Satriani, because I'm a huge Billy Gibbons, pinch harmonic fan with bluesy influences, and I was mesmerized by the two handed tapping of EVH . To this day , the tricky two handed tapping thing....is what I'm best at, but I don't use it often because it's a very recognizable technique, like sweep picking arpeggios and music only has so much room for that before it gets old. Well, I finally found more of my own voice and don't sound like Satriani much anymore. The links posted above are already 15-20 years ago.

https://marcpattison1.bandcamp…um/risen-from-the-ashes-2

Thats the last instrumental record I did...and I'm about to release a new one. You can download that for free or donate a dollar, but it's by far my most representative record of where my playing is at these days.

I'm also in a band called 9th of Never that is like Dream Theater, Nevermore, Periphery and queensrchye and Iron maiden, but in a way, not like any of those bands either...Our preproduction stuff (Fred Marshall on Vocals) was done on an 8 string and is at http://www.soundcloud.com/9thofnever

I'm also in a cock rock band with Van Halen, Dokken and Ratt influences.

http://www.soundcloud.com/mgpband

and lastly, I started singing and doing remakes of covers like, Jump Around by house of pain or Rod Stewart's "do ya think I'm sexy" as well as some classical orchestra stuff and some dance music synth based music at that's at

http://www.soundcloud.com/marcpattison2 and

http://www.soundcloud.com/marcpattison

I'm not expecting anyone to go and listen to all these links....Like I said, I'm obsessed and I'm constantly writing so I can't expect people to keep up and want to hear all the crap I put out...but any of those links will give you a taste for what I do in a particular genre.

Lastly, I started a new youtube channel where I teach people how to compose, record and finish material all on an ipad, like 32 tracks or more at a time and I also make music videos, all using iphones and an ipad. There I call myself the Bedhead Producer because almost everything is done, when I'm still laying in bed.

https://www.youtube.com/channe…7tvmgQ?view_as=subscriber

If there is anything I can help anyone with, I'm available to use what I'm good at to help other musicians. Some stuff I'll charge a nominal fee....like making your band a kickass MTV style video , while other things , most things, I'll just help if someone asks. I am however poor and struggling financially at the moment, so I'll do studio work, recording, engineering, mastering, ipad/iphone lessons and undercut the competition so I can stay alive!!! thanks for the welcome!

• Dayum, Marc, so many links and so-little bandwidth to check 'em out right now. Gonna have to sift through it slowly as internet speed allows. Thank you so much for sharing all that, mate!

We're pretty much the same age, and it's great to see someone besides myself calling zebra-pants metal / glam metal / hair metal cock rock. That's what I've always called it, but these days I just list all the aforementioned "to be safe". :D