Paralysis When Choosing FRFR?

• I've gone with Neodymium lightweight speakers in a DVMark 2X12 cab voiced for guitar. I use a Crown XLS 1502 for power for my unpowered Kemper and it rocks in stereo or the beastly mono bridge mode for which I have a special Speakon altered just for that mode-it takes a lot of SS power to do what a 40 watt tube combo can do. No part of my rig weighs over 27lb and most parts are under 10 lbs. I use my venerable and affordable Berhinger Ultrastack for FRFR rehearsal since it is so heavy I never want to move it again. It is cool to have something with FRFR so you can test out your cabs.

Crazed bankruptcy lawyer guitarist. Deluxe Strat with Handwound HSS with Bareknuckle VHII for HB/Smits of Tn for single coils, eq stack bypass on hard fixed HB with out of phase option on pos. 2 for Peter Green/Hot for Teacher/LaGrange. KPA unpowered into foh and through a Crown XLS 1502 SS power amp into an ultralight guitar voiced DVMark 2x12 combo as monitor and extra stage volume.

• I have had really good luck with the accugroove java 112s, one passive and one active with the powered toaster. They use a coaxial config which acts like studio monitors at low volumes but gives a really decent amp in the room vibe at gig level.

It’s difficult to find reviews of these anywhere. Still using them?

• I just picked up a Laney FR-112. So far it's great. It's kind of in between a real cab and a PA speaker. Previously with my Helix, I used a Friedman ASM-12. It pretty much sucked. Too heavy and just sounded dull and lifeless.

• I just picked up a Laney FR-112. So far it's great. It's kind of in between a real cab and a PA speaker. Previously with my Helix, I used a Friedman ASM-12. It pretty much sucked. Too heavy and just sounded dull and lifeless.

I’d love to compare the Laney FR-112 with the Tech 21 PEDD. Possibly the ISP Vector FS8

FR-112 is just brilliant for the price. One of the few items I super-optimistically preordered in my life (generally I avoid preorders), but I've had the Laney cab for more than a year now and can't recommend it enough. Will probably get a second one soon for a stereo setup.