Profiles of a Fender '57 Champ / 5F1 anywhere?

• Is it possible in Kemperland, that one of the most recorded amp in history has not been profiled yet?

At least some rigs of a Fender '57 Custom Champ Re-issue should be available somewhere? Or maybe a good handwired 5F1 clone tweed?

Or have I missed it?

• Michael Britt does a Marshamps 5F1 Tweed Champ.
    There's a Model 5F1 reissue in by Neil Connor in Rig Exchange

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I ordered a 5F1 kit from Mojotone.com two weeks ago, it's back ordered for another two weeks, but I'll be profiling the 5F1 and adding it to the RE, by the end of November at the latest.

https://www.mojotone.com/kits/…/Test-Tweed-Champ-Amp-Kit

I've got two sets of NOS RCA tubes, and a set of newer top-rated tubes, ready and waiting to test and profile with.

I really want to capture that classic original tone, and will do everything I can to make the profile sound like a true '57 5W Champ.

• That is totally awesome - wants me to build one too! One day I will 8)

Please report back how your build is going. Maybe you can post some pictures of your 5F1 - close ups of everything :)

And I'll patiently wait for the profiles ;) Seriously, that would be very cool!

• I'll definitely get some pictures of the 5F1 build. It should be a quick turnaround, but the tube swapping and profiling with different mics, may take some time.

I was having a hard time waiting for the 57 kit, and noticed StewMac had a 65 Princeton Reverb kit on sale:

https://www.stewmac.com/Pickup…P-Reverb_15W_Amp_Kit.html

The StewMac instructions are incredible, so easy to build with. I'll be profiling this one hopefully this weekend, it's all wrapped, just needs to be soldered.

I'll definitely get back here with the finished results of the 5F1.

• I would like to get a profile that sounds like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He used two mics to record, one close-up and one for ambience.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• It sounds to me like the ambient mic is being used to pick up the sound of the guitar strings. Because of the distance between the Amplifier mic and the guitar mic, there is a slight time delay that makes it almost sound like two guitars playing the same part.

Once you find a fairly clean tweed sound you like, you could mix in some of the Direct guitar signal in the Amplifier section.

But, It might sound even more like the recording if you use the Direct path in the Stomp section, and put a very short Delay in one of the Direct path Slots. That could give you that slightly delayed clean guitar along with the amp sound.

• arikam

I discovered them 15 minutes ago :) And they sound really good! Just what I need - thanks for uploading them!

There are 3 other profiles in Rig Exchange that are cool too. They were captured from an 5F1 clone / TAD (Tube Amp Doctor). Sounds excellent with my Tele. Search for author: H. Herrgesell

or

HH TAD 5F1 TLM

HH TAD 5F1 e906

HH TAD 5F1 B&O

He has some other nice rigs too.

• This may be outta left field but...

If you want to really get that overworked, small speaker sound, there are two profiles in the Rig Exchange: Lil' Danelectro Amp and Lil smokey Amp that you might use the cab profile from. Juuusst sayin'!

Be Thankful.

• Soundside also do a Fender Princeton 1954 with a 1 x 6.5 Jensen which I can recommend, it's not a champ but it's in the same ballpark.

BTW. I don't get on with Michael Britt' s CL80's either, but I use his excellant Champ (it's a 1964 but still excellent) with TopJimi's cab TJ-Sm Twd2 Cln (Jensen P12R 1x12). It may not do it for you, but it does it for me.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I am glad someone posted this. The Mbritt one is close but that 8 inch speaker is the real deal. I had plans to profile my all original 59 champ when I got my profile but some guy paid me too much money to say no to for it before my Kemper came in so it got away. I did record it for posterity. I use the Jorge Segeborn trick of using two mic’d far apart to get that really roomy sound.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The 5F1 is a special sound, thanks for sharing the recording. Love the grit. What mics did you use ?

Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• I'm still waiting on my 5F1 kit, nearly a month and a half later. I ordered the optional lacquered cabinet, exactly like the original Tweed Champ, and it's taking forever for this reason.

I don't think anyone here was losing any sleep over this, but I thought I'd remind those that might want a 5F1 profile, it's definitely going to happen, but it may be the middle of December now ;(.

I have a sm57 and a e906, ready and waiting.

EDIT: Just got a call from Mojotone, my 5F1 kit will be shipped tomorrow, or Monday! The profiles I'll make will be free, so I won't post in Ibot39's excellent thread, I'll make a new one in free rigs, soon.

Edited once, last by JSB ().