Pure Cabinet and Air Parameters?

• I'm curious to know if most of us use Pure Cab and the Air parameter to smoothe out/naturalize the sound.

Personally, I turned pure cab off, as I found it was making many profiles sound too similar.

the Air parameter I have set to headphones-only. I don't like what it adds to studio monitors.

Anyway, just wondering what others think. They're both very subtle, compared to the main amp and cab section controls.

• Amending my opinion after much fiddling yesterday... I seem to like Pure Cabinet engaged but at minimum.

and because I'm usually sitting in the sweet spot where I mix and master, in an acoustically treated room, I've discovered that I like just a little bit of Space on both headphones and monitors... 1.5 seems to be where I almost sub-consciously notice it.

• So with air parameter you mean space, right?

I have purecab and space setted to off globally.

Purecab is a very helpful tool for some rigs. I use it when I think the sound is a little harsh.

Some of Andys (TAF) profiles have space on and they sound very good, but for rockprofiles or heavy tones I dont need it. Maybe useful for headphones, but I dont use headphones with the kpa. I tried it but I dont like it, also with very good headphones ( I have a beyerdynamic dt 770 ).

• Pure cab off globally...but on '1' for high gain diezel type stuff, REALLY smooths things out - its amazing the difference between 1 and 0!

Space is for headphones only - and it is excellent at doing that job!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• I have Space at 2.0 and I recently started using it on the Main outs, too. It’s a little strange, I know, but I play live with in-ears and it helps it sound more like a mic’d cab to me.