"Undo/Redo All" Buttons

• Hi,

When tweaking profiles, often there's a need to do an A/B comparison against the original profile that's being tweaked.

It would be really convenient if instead of having to save the tweaked rig, or having to press the undo/redo buttons many times in succession to get to the original and back,

there was a way to move back and forth between to the original and the tweaked version for quick comparison.

One way this could be implemented : Long press the undo/redo buttons to undo/redo all changes.

Thanks!

• I think, we have snapshots for that purpose since the beginning. Press the soft button Store Snapshot as often as you like. Snapshots are not mixed into the Rig pool. The original Rigs stays untouched. Then you enter Rig Settings/Browse Snapshots, compare and decide which snapshot you want to keep as Rig.

• I think, we have snapshots for that purpose since the beginning. Press the soft button Store Snapshot as often as you like. Snapshots are not mixed into the Rig pool. The original Rigs stays untouched. Then you enter Rig Settings/Browse Snapshots, compare and decide which snapshot you want to keep as Rig.

Yes, this works perfectly for me. Just take a snapshot of the unchanged Rig, and tweak away, snapping when you hear something you like. Then go into Snapshots, and compare. It could be more streamlined (an A/B button would really be ideal), but it works well as it is.

Sharry , you mean to delete all Snapshots at once? I don't know if you can do that or not, but you're right, that would be hugely preferable to deleting them one-by-one

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Thanks for the tip, Burkhard. Haven't noticed this feature before.

I tried it out, and from my perspective, there's still merit in my feature request.

I'm a very simple user, and to me it feels more cumbersome to do this that way.

Using the snapshot approach, say I'm tweaking a rig and would like to compare it to the original, I have to:

- take a snapshot of the original

- tweak

- take a snapshot of the tweak

- navigate to the menu.

- compare.

Whereas, with my suggestion implemented, all you have to do to A/B compare is to long press the undo/redo buttons.

Yes, this works perfectly for me. Just take a snapshot of the unchanged Rig, and tweak away, snapping when you hear something you like. Then go into Snapshots, and compare. It could be more streamlined (an A/B button would really be ideal), but it works well as it is.

This A/B button is essentially what I'm proposing. It effectively turns the undo/redo buttons into A/B buttons when long pressed.

And IMO, this feels natural from a UI perspective. Once it's there, I believe it would feel very obvious and natural to the user.

• Sharry , you mean to delete all Snapshots at once? I don't know if you can do that or not, but you're right, that would be hugely preferable to deleting them one-by-one

Yep its my intention.

The Snapshot feature becomes as confusing with frequent use as with the presets and rigs (for which there is the RM).

• Might not help a lot, but you can map the quick button to the snap menu. I use that a lot for getting there quick-ly.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Is there a workout to delete all snapshots after the tweaking work is done?

No, there isn't. But how many snapshots do you create and how do you narrow in to find the best tone? I would guess, you create 5 or perhaps 10 snapshots and then you listen and compare. And while you listen and compare you delete those, which are sub-optimal in an iterative approach, until you have identified the optimum. At that time there are perhaps two or three snapshots left, which you could delete easily. However, even deleting 10 snapshots is a matter of a few seconds pressing Delete, Yes, Delete, Yes,....

• Of course the Snapshots can be deleted. But it could be much quicker and simpler than it is. "Delete all", etc.

There are still clear advantages to an "a/b" button, such as switching back and forth between the rig and your current tweaked rig, and not scrolling through ~10 snapshots to maneuver to the one you wanted to compare...which one was it again? :D

The ear/brain gets pretty unreliable pretty quickly, I am not sure of the # of seconds before it "forgets" the first sound and loses the ability to discern between the two, and I'm sure it's debated, but I've seen estimates of 1-3 seconds.

The "a/b" button becomes very useful with this in mind. The Snapshot feature is also very useful, but doesn't address this issue, IMO.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.