What 'power sagging' and 'tube shape' parameters do ??

• You can find information about tube shape in the profiling manual. They say that, sometimes, it's difficult to profile some amps because both preamp and power amps are distorting and, in that case, you can try to set tube shape to the higher values to emulate the power amp distorting.

About sag:
    http://www.aikenamps.com/Sag.html Is a power droop that affects higher transients resulting in something like compression and affecting dynamics. If you set a high value, clean notes can sound as high as distorted ones. I think... ?(

Saludos!
    Paco

• You can find information about tube shape in the profiling manual. They say that, sometimes, it's difficult to profile some amps because both preamp and power amps are distorting and, in that case, you can try to set tube shape to the higher values to emulate the power amp distorting.

About sag:
    http://www.aikenamps.com/Sag.html Is a power droop that affects higher transients resulting in something like compression and affecting dynamics. If you set a high value, clean notes can sound as high as distorted ones. I think... ?(

Saludos!
    Paco

Paco, gracias for the information. Yes the manual says what the parameters 'Tube Shape' and 'Power Sagging' do (or are supposed to do), but it doesn't say why if I tweak them nothing happens to the sound coming from the KPA..
    Have you tried to tweak the power sagging ?Mine doesn't do anything. I can't hear any difference at all.
    The tube shape also doesn't do anything. But that's probably because is effective only in circumstances as the one you've mentioned above.

Muchas Gracias :D

• Power Sag changes the feel much more than it affects the sound. It makes the amp feel like it "sags" a bit when you strum or pick hard.

If you're playing a fairly distorted tone you should notice some difference in the sound when you turn up the Tube Shape control. It's not a huge difference but the sound should brighten up a bit and become a little edgier.

Paco, gracias for the information. Yes the manual says what the parameters 'Tube Shape' and 'Power Sagging' do (or are supposed to do), but it doesn't say why if I tweak them nothing happens to the sound coming from the KPA..
    Have you tried to tweak the power sagging ?Mine doesn't do anything. I can't hear any difference at all.
    The tube shape also doesn't do anything. But that's probably because is effective only in circumstances as the one you've mentioned above.

Muchas Gracias :D

• This.

I also think that these parameters' controls might not work in an absolute sense. Maybe their strenght depends on how much a profile is sagging already, or on the tube type/behaviour?

Would be interesting to hear from Mothership.