Is There A Forum Or Website To Teach How To Recreate A Guitar Tone From Songs?

• I'm new to guitar world so I want to learn how to properly get a tone that I want and use Kemper to It's full potential for studio recording.

• Hi

kemper has a profiling manual but if you just need to recreate a tone from a song, then if you know which amp and pedals are being used in that song you must know that rig manager has more than 15 thousand rigs so you will not have problem to find the tone that you need,

also there is many parameters at cabinet and equalizators and many many ways to get exactly what you need!

welcome

• I know what you mean. While using the same amp and guitar might be a good starting point there is often much more going on in a recorded tone than you might expect. Getting to know frquency ranges is a great starting point. I have to admit it isn’t one of my strengths either but there is a world of difference between knowing a sound has a bit more “sparkle” and knowing which frequencies to boost or cut to get it.

I bought this little app for ear training in this way. It lets you play a piece of music from you library then randomly alters certain frequencies and you guess what they were. It starts out with big boost/cut over a wide band like an octave but lets go to 1 or 2db at specific frequencies as your ear improves.

https://www.trainyourears.com/#get-it-now-section

There is also the issue of effects. A tone might have a bit of “depth” to it but how was it created? Double tracking, delay, reverb etc.? Just learning to recognise the different effects is a good starting point before dicing in to tweak them. Again effects isn’t my strong point. Most of my playing is a guitar and amp. Sometimes I add a little reverb (like maybe 5% on the mix) or a simple delay for solos but that’s about it. Part of that is because I just like simple sounds but part of it is fear of the unknown and option paralysis. If there had been a website or youtube channel that walked you through creating classic tones when I was starting out I would have jumped at it and maybe my preferences would be totally different today.

I’m not aware of anything that covers this in detail but there are definitely some youtube videos out there for certain classic tones. Once you have a few under your belt I’m sure you will develop your own understanding very quickly theresfter.

Oh, and there are some tone sample examples by Gundy Keller on the Kemper website video tutorials section which might help.

• If you're really new to guitar I'd first search the Rig Exchange for the guitarist or song you're trying to emulate. It's likely that someone has had a go already.

Also research how the player approached the instrument. Pick or fingers, light or heavy attack, vibrato, sliding into and out of notes, etc. This is a bigger thing than the amp tone IMO.

• Hey thank you!

Yes I know there are a lot of them. I just can't find some really good ones.

• Thank you!

Yes knowing how to mix guitars is pretty crucial I'll try to improve my ears on that and. I'll look at that tutorial too!

• I'm new to guitar world so I want to learn how to properly get a tone that I want and use Kemper to It's full potential for studio recording.

For how long have you played? The tone has everything to do with you and your playing and not so much which amps(profiles in this case)you use. If you don't like the profiles you use, it means either that your playing/picking isn't good enough yet or you compare yourself with favorite guitarists and is too self-critical. Trust me, we all have been there. We are our own worst enemy. Not just when it comes to guitar playing but in life in general.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• For how long have you played? The tone has everything to do with you and your playing and not so much which amps(profiles in this case)you use. If you don't like the profiles you use, it means either that your playing/picking isn't good enough yet or you compare yourself with favorite guitarists and is too self-critical. Trust me, we all have been there. We are our own worst enemy. Not just when it comes to guitar playing but in life in general.

I started playing guitar about a year ago so I'm new to it but most of the times I'm not trying to replicate an amazing guitar solo tone, generally some intermediate arpeggios and rhythms. I'm aware of my playing is really effective for a great tone but as I said most of the time I'm trying to replicate basic stuff like THIS or maybe I'm really not that good enough, I can't tell

• Can you give one exemple of the tone you d like to re-create. If you try to sound like Gilmour its very different than Vai or Hendrix or The Edge or Tom Petty .

Also I'd try first to download all my favorite profiles on RIG EXCHANGE and fine tune it.

Good luck

• Can you give one exemple of the tone you d like to re-create. If you try to sound like Gilmour its very different than Vai or Hendrix or The Edge or Tom Petty .

Also I'd try first to download all my favorite profiles on RIG EXCHANGE and fine tune it.

Good luck

Hey! I posted a link above. and also a second example can be THIS

• try the dumble profiles or the kemper's ac30

also Mbritt free profiles has this sound (mb13 ldw39 2.2)

put the tone all way to the bright side and use the volume pot to find the dinamic overdrive you want

are you using single coil? sounded a bit like single coil for me...

this second sample is cool, reminds me a modern "cocktail tweens"

• Hey! I posted a link above. and also a second example can be THIS

Well its just a kind of acoustic sound... and feel with a precise strumming. (Could be harder to play than find the tones) That tone is very easy you can find tones like that on RE I am more impressed by the song itself and the overall sound of the band... but as for guitar no mystery there... good syncopated rythm with an ordinary sound

• Hey! I tried MB profile and HERE is what I got. I'musing single coil Us Special Strat. But they use 50's custom shop Telecaster with Humbucker on the neck.

I'm not that satisfied with the tone I got. Do you have any suggestions?

• Well its just a kind of acoustic sound... and feel with a precise strumming. (Could be harder to play than find the tones) That tone is very easy you can find tones like that on RE I am more impressed by the song itself and the overall sound of the band... but as for guitar no mystery there... good syncopated rythm with an ordinary sound

Yes Grey is amazing ! (They are two brothers). I couldn't replicate the tone yet. HERE is my version It sounds very bad IMO what dou think?