Any advantage to using two FRFR speakers?

• There can be a few advantages. Running in stereo, more volume, depending on how you place the speakers you could create a wider sound field. I used to use two speakers and had one facing up at me like a monitor and one facing out toward the crowd.

• I love a bit of stereo but when I'm playing in a band, I don't find there to be a worthwhile benefit. It's self gratifying to an extent but I find that no one else notices and the effect is diminished by the volume of everyone else. Respect if anyone disagrees.

• You rang ..did some one say Stereo :D...EVERY ADVANTAGE

Fatter sounds, ping ping delays, reverb..bring rigs to life.

No point me ear bashing more like i have been last few years...

TRY IT...you will see you made the right choice.

At home i end up writing more music..its a better atmosphere than mono...

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I LOVE playing in stereo. Even if it were just for myself, isn't that part of the point of live performances? If I'm really digging my sound, I find myself getting more into my playing and putting on an even better show.

But aside from that, my whole band runs entirely digital and we all use in-ears. So when I've got my setup running in full stereo, plus a little bit of the TC Mimiq doubler mixed in, we're all in heaven. The looks on the other guy's faces when they first heard everything in stereo in their in-ears was priceless.

In my opinion, as long as you have enough channels, go with stereo. Some will say that depending on how the speakers are set up in the venue, not everyone will hear the effects the way they are intended for stereo. And that's true to an extent. However, the average listener is not going to notice those minor details, but the people that DO notice the stereo effects will get a much better experience. Plus, the way we have our stage mix set up, is that we have a mono-mix right in the middle of the stage next to the drummer so that the main left and right PA speakers are run in full stereo, and then that middle mix is in mono. So anyone standing right in the middle of the stage will hear a mono mix and not know the difference anyway.

Bottom line, if you like how stereo sounds, run in stereo. Because if you're not happy with your sound, what's the point?

• Although some people are suggesting the advantages of stereo, Needless to say, the power amp is mono.

If you are asking about live use, I suggest Mono, anyway. The sound engineers will prefer it, and you have the option of carrying around less equipment.

Using two cabinets will give you more apparent volume from having twice as many speakers, especially if you separate them, instead of stacking them.

It will also make your rig look twice as big, (an advantage, perhaps), but will make it twice as heavy (if you don’t mind that, it’s not a disadvantage).

• This why I didn’t buy a Powerhead version...

I love stereo, and the Powerhead only offers a mono power amp.

I went with the non-powered head, and used the money saved to cover part of my two DXR-10’s, in stereo.

If I played out more these days, I might stick with a mono rig, and the powered head, maybe... So many great choices these days!

• So there is no way to use the power head with out using power into the two powered HR112 speakers ? I thought if I got the powered head, I could do everything the non powered head would do, and then some. I can still change my order, but is that the way to go? No way to do stereo at all in my current configuration on order?

• That's exactly what I did! LOL! ;)

• So there is no way to use the power head with out using power into the two powered HR112 speakers ? I thought if I got the powered head, I could do everything the non powered head would do, and then some. I can still change my order, but is that the way to go? No way to do stereo at all in my current configuration on order?

You'd need a second poweramp or a stereo poweramp, or stereo cabs to run "true stereo". The powered Kemper is a nice option to have everything in one unit! You can turn off the poweramp and just run two powered 1x12's if desired. :thumbup:

I didn't realise those speakers were powered. You're good to go with those. You'll take the main outputs into them as a stereo pair.

You're correct that the Power Head is exactly the non-powered version with a power amp added. If you're never going to drive a normal guitar cab I don't think the powered version is required. But... being able to drive a single, non-powered guitar cab on stage for monitoring, with the main outputs going to the PA (or your Headrush pair) is a common and satisfying way to use the KPA.

• Buy powerhead - all future needs covered.

• The amp in the powerhead is mono, so you can drive a cabinet.
    • You can monitor out, using two outputs to powered FRFRs.
    • You can also use the main outs to FOH.

You can do those 3 things simultaneously.

Boom!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Ok, you got me there. I'm happy to run mono through my FRFR at band practices or mono to the FOH at gigs but my IEMs (which I run from a personal mixer) run in stereo. I send both XLRs to the FOH telling the engineer to do what they please and the main out 1/4" jacks to my mixer. Even though I keep the stereo stuff simple (and always make sure it sounds great in mono) the difference for IEMs is staggering. I hate a mono mix to IEMs, it makes me feel claustrophobic but stereo is like stepping out into a huge, open expanse.

• There's another nice way to utilise your Kemper if you don't mind the weight: a wet-dry-wet rig.

Send your power amp output to a 4x12. Then send the mono outputs to two powered speakers or into a stereo power amp into two unpowered speakers.

With an unpowered Kemper, monitor output into a powered speaker and the same for the two main outputs.

Set master output for master stereo and the center speaker for stack.

The trick to really getting this to work is to get FRFR speakers for the two main outputs.