Humping gear

• I often read, both on here, and Kemper FB forums, about people selling their Kemper's and going back to using valve amps & cabs.

The thought, now, of carrying a 4 x 12 cab and a 100 watt valve amp, after using a Kemper in a rack, makes me feel worn out!... :)

Now, I'm well past 40, so maybe it's an age thing? That issue, and the fact that folks on Ebay seem to expect to pay peanuts for gear. I won't be selling my amps, or using them. What a quandary....

• Well, I am not on FB so maybe that's why but I only read about this gear exchange the other way. People selling their tube amps and pedals and buying Kempers.

Also, when I got the Kemper I looked at the used market and it was basically non-existent in the price range that I thought used guitar gear should go for.

That being said, I agree just keep the gear, you may want to use it in the future.:thumbup:

• I have found that there are situations where the Kemper is the thing to do and then others where my Boogie Mark III combo is the only thing that makes sense. I also have given up selling gear. You purchased it for a reason if you do not need that cash keep it. The reason so resurface.

• I think most tube amps maintain a very nice value over the years. I would only sell my amps if I was financially strapped. I still will occasionally bring out the Uberschall or Ultra Lead or something for fun, but the vast majority of the time I use my Kemper. Just the ease of a built in tuner is enough to pursuade me on most nights haha.

• I held off selling my Engl because I loved it but after I got comfortable with the Kemper, I sold it. Before I sold it, I tried it a few times and realized that it wasn't quite as good as I remembered, just different.

I do believe we get used to certain sounds so I've decided that I will be happy with the KPA and funnily enough I am :)

Kept my Laney GH100L as an emergency backup, but the thought of having to lug it around scares me ( as I need my pedal board as well and the 4 leads to connect etc!).

• Yeah, no way I'd go back to tube amps. I got an Engl Savage, and that thing weighs at least 50 pounds. In order to get all of the functionality out of the amp I can get out of the Kemper, I'd have to bring either a pedalboard or a giant ass rack to put everything in that would make it weigh even more. I'd much rather use my powered Kemper in a 4u rack that weighs like 30 pounds tops with everything I could ever need inside.