The signature delay patterns of Hank Marvin and The Shadows

• Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into these great profiles and documentation.

Your post is extremely timely for me as I play surf and other early 60s guitar instrumental music and just recently got into The Shadows in a big way. Hank Marvin was (and is) a truly gifted guitarist. His playing sounds deceptively simple, yet to get the subtle nuances of his feel and phrasing takes a lot of practice. It is well worth the effort, though, as it will make one a much better overall guitarist.

• For all you Shads fans everywhere, this recent documentary highlights their remarkable career, and that iconic Strat ...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks PCB for putting this together, I can see it has taken a lot of work for you to do. However, I also own the Magic Stomp with Charlie Hall's EFTP and this is a night/day difference between the official EFTP and the ones you have done. The big issue for me is that each delay also emulates tape flutter and modulation at each delay stage (not a global modulation/flutter one set to zero). I'll stick with the Magic Stomp for now.