Live Ready Sound Profiles: Naming Convention??

• I love the profiles from Live Ready Sound, but I'm overwhelmed by all the choices in each pack.

For example, take the ENGL Savage pack. It's up to "version 9.1", some 140+ profiles split into 9 groups.

For those of us who can't see the Kemper display, we can only go by the file names when loading these things into Rig Manager.

Before I go contacting them, does anybody else see this as an issue, or do I just need to rename some of these, perhaps with fewer numbers involved?

Sometimes I'll notice "v30" in a name. ok, that's a particular cab. but this stuff isn't clear a lot of the time.

Look at these two file names and tell me if they are informative:

DP 6160P 02P - 2017-08-13 15-59-12.kipr

DP 6160P 02SV - 2017-08-13 15-57-13.kipr

• Hi BlindGuitarist !

Naming is always tricky. Overtime naming has evolved and today I name the amp and speaker in the name.

To name a few,

V30=Celestion Vintage 30

H30=Celestion 30th Anniversary H30

CL80=Celestion Classic Lead 80

T75=Celestion G12-T75

Red=Celestion Redback

There are many different versions of the same speakers also.

MV30=Mesa V30

AV30=Marshall Vintage

For the 2017 BE100 I include the S switch used and channel.

For the older Platinum modded 5150 I would state what boosts used.

S=Airis Effects Savage Drive

V=Maxon VOP9

P=(Possibly)Maxon OD9 Pro+

Other Boost:

33=Fortin 33

8X=Maxon OD 808X

Mz=Boss Metalized

Mt=Boss Metalzone

This is just some of the options. There are tons of equipment used and more added constantly. With the latest being a Celestion Alnico Gold and Celestion Creamback H75 along with much I have had that I have even used yet.

These evolved with time...I try to make it easy but with throwing the kitchen sink into each pack it is tough.

I also use many different tubes in the amps, lately I have been adding notes in the amp section.

I don't always describe everything but lately I have been adding more to the notes.

Rig Manager is a big help to see what the profiles utilize.

With 8 cabinets, 30+ speakers and 10 mics it gets complicated. Apologies! Haha!