Matrix FR10, Michael Britt Xitone, or Friedman ASC10 cab experience?

• Looking to upgrade my FRFR. Been looking at the Matrix FR10. I'm a gigging musician so something lightweight is important. The Matrix is light. Haven't been able to find anything about using the Kemper through it. Reviews would be greatly appreciated, or any knowledge about these. And there's not a lot of information about it . Thanks!

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

Edited once, last by rik777 ().

• I have not tried the 10's but here's my setup with 12's. The only thing I can compare them with are the DXR10's that I originally purchased and didn't care for, bought another thinking it would fix it, it didn't, I now use the DXR10's with a DXS12 subwoofer for backing tracks and general PA. I like the FR12's because they're light and I'm old. Someday I'd like to try some others but being in a small town and everything needs to be shipped, and being old school I find it difficult to purchase something of the value knowing I might return it.

No wires only because I found a spot in the basement without a bunch of music equipment and set it there after a gig for a picture. Moved to a proper place after the picture : - )

5618-myguitarrig-jpg

• Hey JstAnthrKemperUsr, I understand the "old" comment. I've been gigging for decades now. It's because of this that i have back issues now. So now that's why I'm considering the FR10 and the Friedman ASC10. Hope to hear from some Kemper users about these. Thanks for your input!

Rik

• The MBritt XiTone is my only experience with a FRFR "cab". I also have the DXR 10. I like the XiTone better, but was really happy with the Yamaha, until I got the XiTone. The support and communication from the owner of XiTone are both first class, as well. Seems like a real good guy.

The only knock against the XiTone, which really isn't a knock, is how heavy (for a 1x12) it is. To me, I'd rather have a heavy, solidly constructed piece of equipment, than something lighter and flimsy. I could probably throw this thing out of my vehicle, doing 80 on the highway, and it would still be in one piece.

I also prefer the cab shaped cabs, so I can put the Kemper on top. With the DXR10, you are going to have to get a stand for the Kemper or find something else to put in on.

Both sound better turned up -- just like a real amp/cab. Gotta get the speaker moving to fill out the sound.

• I've spoken to Mick from Xitone. You're right! He is a very cool guy. Always available to answer questions. I was looking at the Xitone wedge but now you brought up about where to put the Kemper. That's something to think about. I don't wanna have to take another piece along with everything else. The whole point is to be as compact and light as possible. Thanks Patrick2099!

Rik

• +1 to this Patrick. I'm also a DXR10 user.

Another couple of excellent things on the Xitone MBritt are:

The 5 DSP settings

And the killer app is the panel on the back you can remove for open back use. I love it!

• Thanks dmatthews

You're welcome!

Almost forgot the Bluetooth. I use it to play songs for the band to hear at practice.

It really is a great cab. Found I had to dial in some of the profiles, but so what. I'm good for practise and gigs now. It's nice being able to be consistent!

• You're welcome!

Almost forgot the Bluetooth. I use it to play songs for the band to hear at practice.

It really is a great cab. Found I had to dial in some of the profiles, but so what. I'm good for practise and gigs now. It's nice being able to be consistent!

The Bluetooth on the Xitone is awesome! I use it to play along with backing tracks, to practice. So convenient!

• Very cool. I spoke to Mick of xitone today. I'm probably gonna go with his small active cab with the 10" speaker. It has all the dsp and bluetooth stuff as well.

Rik

• So after months of research and conversations here on the forum I finally made my decision on the FRFR upgrade. I went with thew Mission Engineering lo cab: https://missionengineering.com…ission-io/?v=f24485ae434a

Amazing deal at Musicians Friend. With a discount coupon $710 shipped! Lightweight, looks good. I couldn't pass this one up and Mission is known for quality gear. There are no good youtube clips on this but I have a good feeling about this one. Why this model isn't even mentioned, I don't know. It's been under the radar this year. It should arrive next week so I'll give it a review.

Rik

• So after months of research and conversations here on the forum I finally made my decision on the FRFR upgrade. I went with thew Mission Engineering lo cab: https://missionengineering.com…ission-io/?v=f24485ae434a

Amazing deal at Musicians Friend. With a discount coupon $710 shipped! Lightweight, looks good. I couldn't pass this one up and Mission is known for quality gear. There are no good youtube clips on this but I have a good feeling about this one. Why this model isn't even mentioned, I don't know. It's been under the radar this year. It should arrive next week so I'll give it a review.

Looks pretty good spec-wise! I look forward to reading a review about it :)

Just bought an Io myself. We should compare notes soon. I have the Gemini 2 and it's great but was looking for something more portable.

• Yeah. The lo is definitely portable. I'm still learning exploring the the Kemper. Was playing it through an Alto TS210. Figured the Mission would be a significant improvement. We'll see. Hope it is an improvement. What do you think of yours Posinator?

Rik

• Just bought an Io myself. We should compare notes soon. I have the Gemini 2 and it's great but was looking for something more portable.

Well after much research I've finally settled on a cab. When I bought my Kemper a couple months back I had an Alto Ts210 I was using with an Atomic A3. Kemper sounded okay through the Alto. I remembered reading a thread on a forum where a couple of people said if you spend on a Kemper don't go cheap on a cab. So I bought a Mission lo powered cab. Looked great, small and light. I was hoping this was the one. Sounded better than the Alto. The Alto has a dip in the mids. The Mission sounded pretty even across the frequencies, maybe lacking a bit in lows. I wasn't happy so I decided to try something else. I bought the Friedman ASC-10. This was THE one. Just a couple of chords and single notes convinced me. I boxed up the Mission and returned it. The Friedman is the real deal. There are not a lot of threads and reviews on it. Not much on YouTube. Suprising since this thing sounds fantastic. It reacts and sounds like a real cab. You can feel the air move. It's small and light, feels sturdy, well built. Sounds warm and everything I want in a cab. If you guys are looking for a powered cab you should REALLY check out the ASC10. Friedman really did a great job on this! I'm still working on setting up my Kemper to take it to my gigs and try the Friedman. Report to follow. All here in Kemperland check out this Friedman asc10! I think you won't be disappointed.

Rik