Error message on Peavey triple x

• I keep getting an error external amp not connected or volume too low. please check and restart. I have everything hooked up correctly guitar front of kemper, direct out to fortin grind to peavey input, sm 57 on cab going to return input on back of amp. my return level is set at -12 db. same setting i used with my Mesa triple rec and it worked great. I posted this on the kemper fb page and was told the amp has an internal gate and thats its hard to profile

• I posted this on the kemper fb page and was told the amp has an internal gate and thats its hard to profile

That may very well be true, I have a similar problem with my Marshall JCM800 Kerry King head, beast channel. The amp has an internal gate which is adjustable but even on its most minimal setting,I get similar messages from my Kemper.

• Yeah, it's mentioned somewhat, but it's not super common knowledge, the KPA has serious issues profiling some very high-gain amps. I don't know if it's just those with a built-in gate or what. There are not a lot of XXX profiles out there, for this reason I guess. There are only about 10-15 on Rig Exchange as I remember.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• well, i got it figured out. had to crank the amp to 3/4 volume to do it. but i got ts9, fortin grind and savage drive profiles for ch 2 and 3. just gotta go back and make sure they came out good. i may post them. im doing the triple rectifier right now

• It’s well documented that the KPA can’t profile with a noise gate in the chain. There have been a few threads through the years specifically about the Peavey XXX and how it’s noise gate is never truly bypassed. Sinmix (bless his soul) actually had his modded to remove the noise gate in order to be able to profile it.